Topical Collection: Recent Progress in Physics of Plasma-Based Space Propulsion
Reviews of Modern Plasma Physics will publish a topical collection on Physics of Plasma-Based Space Propulsion. This Topical Collection will outline recent progress in understanding, characterization, optimization, and modelling of plasma behaviour in space propulsion systems of various types.
- Physics of Hall-type thrusters;
- Fusion-based space thrusters;
- Helicon-type space thrusters and magnetic plasma nozzles;
- Thrusters with rotating plasma;
- Behaviour of materials exposed to plasmas in thrusters;
- Arc plasma thrusters;
- Plasma cathodes;
- Modelling and simulation of plasma behaviour in space thrusters;
- Other related topics.
The guest editors are Prof. Igor Levchenko and Prof. Kateryna Bazaka. Currently around articles are planned. All submitted manuscripts will undergo a standard rigorous peer-review process in accordance with the highest Springer standards.We are expecting submission by December 31, 2018