This journal presents research articles, interviews, conference reports and book reviews that contribute to the scientific study of the history and present situation of Latin American religions, both in the region and among Latin American minorities in other parts of the world. Offering a multidisciplinary perspective, the journal presents contributions in many areas of the human sciences, including sociology, history, psychology, anthropology and comparative religion.
The journal aims to bring Latin American scholarship to a broader audience, to provide new insights and comparative perspectives on issues of common interest to a an international readership of researchers and to contribute to the exchange of relevant knowledge among scholars dedicated to the scientific study of Latin American religions. The peer reviewed articles are published in English, with abstracts in English, Spanish and Portuguese.
- A publication committed to the epistemological and methodological standards of the non-theological, multidisciplinary study of religions
- Contributes to the investigation of religions and religious phenomena in Latin America and among Latin American minorities in different parts of the world
- Provides an international forum for scholars of different academic fields engaged in the research of Latin American religions
- Opens space for the publication and critical discussion of original research articles, as well as interviews, conference reports and book reviews
- Frank Usarski
- Publishing model
- Hybrid (Transformative Journal). Learn about publishing Open Access with us
- 46 days
- Submission to first decision
- 92 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 4,617 (2019)
The International Journal of Latin American Religions (JLAR) invites researchers to submit manuscripts to a thematic section focused on considerable relatively recent changes in Latin American Catholicism.
Submission Deadline: June 30, 2021
Guest Editors: Dr. Renata Siuda-Ambroziak, Dr. Rodrigo Coppe Caldeira
The International Journal of Latin American Religions (JLAR) has been accepted for indexing by Scopus. Beginning with contents published in 2019, all articles published in the journal will be indexed by Scopus, ensuring higher visibility to authors.
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- Google Scholar
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- TD Net Discovery Service
- UGC-CARE List (India)