Submission to Schmalenbach Journal of Business Research is now open! Please use the Submit manuscript button on the website https://www.springer.com/journal/41471. The website still shows the German-language title of SBUR’s predecessor, yet submission is to SBUR only.
As of January 2021, Schmalenbach Journal of Business Research (SBUR) will be the joint official journal of Schmalenbach-Gesellschaft für Betriebswirtschaft e.V. and Verband der Hochschullehrer für Betriebswirtschaft e.V. (VHB), replacing as well the associations‘ former official journals Business Research (BuR) andSchmalenbach Business Review (SBR).
Schmalenbach Business Review (SBR) publishes original and innovative research that is of wide interest to business research and practice. Its scope includes all major areas, such as accounting and taxes, finance, marketing, organizations, management, and digital business, but is also open to further subjects that promote a better understanding business practice. SBR welcomes articles that use rigorous theoretical and empirical research methodologies to establish their results. All papers are subject to double-blind peer review.
SBR started in 2000 as the international edition of the oldest and most respected German-language business journal Schmalenbachs Zeitschrift für betriebswirtschaftliche Forschung (ZfbF). In keeping with tradition, it champions the stance that taking a broader perspective and monitoring advances in all business areas are necessary to successfully meeting the challenges of business practice. SBR and ZfbF are the official journals of the Schmalenbach-Gesellschaft für Betriebswirtschaft e. V.
Peer review is conducted using Editorial Manager®, supported by a database of international experts. This database is shared with the journal, Schmalenbachs Zeitschrift für betriebswirtschaftliche Forschung.
- Provides a forum for original and innovative research in all areas of business
- Takes a broad perspective to address current issues in business practice
- Is open to research using diverse rigorous research methodologies
- Alfred Wagenhofer
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Learn about publishing OA with us
- 43 days
- Submission to first decision
- 426 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 24,596 (2019)
Mobile Location-Based Services’ Value-in-Use in Inner Cities: Do a Customer’s Shopping Patterns, Prior User Experience, and Sales Promotions Matter?
It Takes More than Two to Tango: Identifying Roles and Patterns in Multi-Actor Smart Service Innovation
As of January 2021, Schmalenbach Journal of Business Research (SBUR) will be the joint official journal of Schmalenbach-Gesellschaft für Betriebswirtschaft e.V. and Verband der Hochschullehrer für Betriebswirtschaft e.V. (VHB), replacing as well the associations‘ former official journals Business Research (BuR) and Schmalenbach Business Review (SBR).
As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic we are very aware that many researchers will have difficulty in meeting the timelines associated with our peer review process during normal times. Please do let us know if you need additional time. Our systems will continue to remind you of the original timelines but we intend to be highly flexible at this time.
Societies, partners and affiliations
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- ABS Academic Journal Quality Guide
- EBSCO Advanced Placement Source
- EBSCO Business Source
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- EBSCO Leadership & Management Source
- EBSCO Military Transition Support Center
- Emerging Sources Citation Index
- Google Scholar
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest ABI/INFORM
- ProQuest Business Premium Collection
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest Continental Europe Database
- ProQuest Entrepreneurship Database
- ProQuest International Bibliography of the Social Sciences (IBSS)
- ProQuest Social Science Collection
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Research Papers in Economics (RePEc)
- TD Net Discovery Service