Call for Papers
Nano-photocatalysts for Environmental Applications
Environmental Pollution and Energy Crisis are two major problems of the world that are being faced by the global population. In this regard, various scientific organizations and industrial R&Ds have been working 24 x 7 to have a potential solution of the same. After many years of rigorous research and thousands of publications, nano-photocatalysis remains a promising tool for a wide range of environmental applications. This primarily includes water/air purification, self-cleaning effect, water splitting and hydrogen production, carbon dioxide reduction and fixation, disinfection processes, and valuable chemical production, etc. However, the current status of nano-photocatalysis faces various new perspectives and challenges such as cost-effective synthesis of photocatalyst, solar energy coverage, eco-toxicity, recyclability and reusability potential, large scale applicability, theoretical and economic aspects of the process, etc.
This special issue is expected to highlight, review and bring out some potential studies that will provide interesting, notable, and prospective solutions (primarily based on nano-photocatalysis) for global problems of Environmental Pollution and Energy Crisis. Hence, this special issue cordially welcomes submissions in the following related areas:
- Design, synthesis, and characterization of potential nanocatalysts for environmental applications.
- Homogeneous and heterogeneous advanced oxidation processes.
- Solar energy driven nano-photocatalysis.
- Recyclability and reusability aspects of nano-photocatalysts.
- Eco-toxicity aspects of nano-photocatalysts.
- Inactivation of viruses in water and air using nano-photocatalysts.
- Carbon dioxide reduction and hydrogen production via nano-photocatalysis.
- Simultaneous treatment and energy production.
- Theoretical investigations: Kinetics, modeling, numerical optimization, and cost analysis of the processes.
- Pilot or full-scale application of nano-photocatalysis.
Note: The directly submitted papers under this Special Issue category will also be requested to register for the “CHEMBIOEN-2021” Online Conference.
Submission Deadline: August 1, 2021
Lead Guest Editor
Jatinder Kumar Ratan, Ph.D.
Associate Professor in Chemical Engineering,
Dr. B. R. Ambedkar National Institute of Technology, Jalandhar 144 011, Punjab, India.
Priyanshu Verma, Ph.D.
Project Manager and Scientist,
Enviro Care Tech, Lucknow 226 501, India