Living Reviews in Relativity is a peer-reviewed, full open access, and exclusively online journal, publishing freely available reviews of research in all areas of relativity. Articles are solicited from leading authorities and are directed towards the scientific community at or above the graduate-student level. They provide critical reviews of the current state of research and available sources in the fields they cover. All contributions are subject to single-blind peer review by at least two referees.
Living Reviews is unique in maintaining a suite of high-quality reviews, which are kept up-to-date by the authors. This is the meaning of the word "living" in the journal's title.
Living Reviews in Relativity was founded by the Max Planck Institute for Gravitational Physics (Albert Einstein Institute) in 1998.
Cover figure: Numerical simulation of two inspiralling black holes that merge to form a new black hole. The image shows the apparent horizons and the gravitational waves produced. Shown are either the real and/or imaginary part of the curvature scalar Psi4.
Credits: Numerical simulation: C. Reisswig, L. Rezzolla (Albert Einstein Institute). Scientific visualization: M. Koppitz (Albert Einstein Institute & Zuse Institute Berlin)
- Offers critical reviews of research in all areas of relativity
- “Living” articles are kept up-to-date by their authors
- Published under the auspices of the Max Planck Society and ISGRG
- Bala Iyer
- Publishing model
- Open Access. Learn about publishing OA with us
- 35.429 (2019)
- Impact factor
- 38.185 (2019)
- Five year impact factor
- 95 days
- Submission to first decision
- 152 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 226,214 (2019)
Prospects for observing and localizing gravitational-wave transients with Advanced LIGO, Advanced Virgo and KAGRA
Authors (first, second and last of 1321)
Living Reviews in Relativity welcomes new editor!
Congratulations to Living Reviews in Relativity's long-time editor!
Browse articles published in Living Reviews in Relativity since 1998 by subject field.
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- Astrophysics Data System (ADS)
- Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) - GoOA
- Current Contents/Physical, Chemical and Earth Sciences
- EBSCO Academic Search
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- EBSCO Engineering Source
- EBSCO STM Source
- Google Scholar
- INIS Atomindex
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Science Citation Index Expanded (SciSearch)
- TD Net Discovery Service
- UGC-CARE List (India)