Water is the new oil of the 21st century where, significant water conservation efforts are essential to ensuring the availability of clean water for sustaining future generations to come. Water Conservation Science & Engineering aims to target the developing multidisciplinary areas in sciences and engineering associated with water conservation.
The journal welcomes original contributions that potentially involve multidisciplinary research and considers sustainable management and conservation of water as a valuable resource. Contributions should have relevance and implication on sustainable water conservation practices from individual household to community level, as well as from regional, national and international scales. Contributors may emphasize any of the aforesaid aspects of water conservation. Manuscripts that report only laboratory works without in-depth discussion and implications on improving water conservation practices will not be included for publication in the journal.
Water Conservation Science & Engineering publishes original research papers, critical and comprehensive reviews, analyses and case studies on topics, which include but are not limited to:
- Novel and/or innovative materials and technological solutions to improve water quantity and quality aspects that contribute significantly towards sustainable water conservation practices.
- Environmental monitoring of chemical and microbiological contaminants in source and treated waters and/or quantitative risk assessments for potential reuse in potable and non-potable applications.
- Demonstration on the concept of integrated water resources management or equivalent in rural, urban or mixed-setting, as well as agricultural and industrial applications.
- Societal, economic, institutional and policy aspects of strategies to improve the sustainability of water conservation practices, including strategies for managing water resource supply and demand, water substitution and reuse, enhancing the water-energy nexus and sustainability of the water industry.
- Life cycle assessment and management of water resources to improve resource efficiency, conserve water resources and reduce water pollution.
- Focuses on wider applications of science and engineering in enhancing and promoting sustainable water conservation practices
- Includes topics on novel and innovative materials, technological solutions, environmental monitoring and risk assessment
- Hosts an international Editorial Board that offers high-quality and rigorous peer review, rapid decisions, and high visibility
- Meng Nan Chong,
- Christopher P. Saint,
- Phaik Eong Poh
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Learn about publishing OA with us
- 88 days
- Submission to first decision
- 200 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 19,631 (2019)
Routing Nutrient Concentrations in a River Reach Using an Object-Oriented Modeling Based on the Concepts of System Dynamics
Authors (first, second and last of 5)
Lake Water Treatment Using Green Wall System: Effects of Filter Media Ratio and Lake Water Flow Rate on Treatment Performance
Authors (first, second and last of 4)
Design, Installation, and Operation of a Heat-Integrated Distilled Water Pilot Plant with Internal Cooling Water Circulation Cycle
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- Google Scholar
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- Japanese Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Semantic Scholar
- TD Net Discovery Service