Published by Springer as of January 2017
PFG is an international scholarly journal covering the progress and application of photogrammetric methods, remote sensing technology and the interconnected field of geoinformation science. It places special editorial emphasis on the communication of new methodologies in data acquisition and new approaches to optimized processing and interpretation of all types of data which were acquired by photogrammetric methods, remote sensing, image processing and the computer-aided interpretation of such data in general. The journal hence addresses both researchers and students of these disciplines at academic institutions and universities as well as the downstream users in both the private sector and public administration.
Founded in 1926 under the former name Bildmessung und Luftbildwesen, PFG is worldwide the oldest journal on photogrammetry. It is the official journal of the German Society for Photogrammetry, Remote Sensing and Geoinformation (DGPF) and welcomes the submission of English and German language articles at:
Information on the society can be found at:
- Provides a wide-ranging coverage of photogrammetry, remote sensing and geoinformation issues since 1926
- Offers full-color for all illustrations in its print and electronic version without charge to the authors
- Official journal of the German Society for Photogrammetry, Remote Sensing and Geoinformation (DGPF)
- Wolfgang Kresse
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Choice – What is this?
- Impact factor: 1.259 (2018)
- Five year impact factor: 1.259 (2018)
- Submission to first decision: 51 days
- Acceptance to publication: 32 days
- Downloads: 7,017 (2018)