The International Journal of Applied Positive Psychology is a peer-reviewed journal devoted to promoting and integrating evidence into practice from the scientific field of positive psychology. The knowledge stemming from positive psychology can be applied across the lifespan in contexts such as health care, education, working life, communities and societies. The journal emphasizes the scientific understanding of flourishing, more specifically, the practical conditions that enhance well-being and flourishing.
The journal is an interdisciplinary forum that involves, amongst others, disciplines of psychology, anthropology, sociology, health sciences, educational sciences, management sciences, design, biology, medicine and economics.
We welcome studies that are conducted and reported according to well-accepted guidelines in the research community, such as the CONSORT statement (randomized controlled trials), the PRISMA statement (systematic reviews and meta-analyses), STROBE (observational studies), SRQR (qualitative research) and CARE (case reports).
- Combines research and practice by connecting research findings to clinical settings, schools, organizations, local and national policies.
- Publishing quantitative, qualitative and mixed methods studies.
- Reflects the fast growth of positive psychology in research and practice.
- Is an interdisciplinary forum for research in psychology, anthropology, sociology, educational sciences, management sciences, design, biology, medicine and economics.
- Dan Loton
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Learn about publishing OA with us
- 227 days
- Submission to first decision
- 548 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 22,537 (2019)
Buffering Academic Stress during the COVID-19 Pandemic Related Social Isolation: Grit and Growth Mindset as Protective Factors against the Impact of Loneliness
As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic we are very aware that many researchers will have difficulty in meeting the timelines associated with our peer review process during normal times. Please do let us know if you need additional time. Our systems will continue to remind you of the original timelines but we intend to be highly flexible at this time.
IAPP is calling for manuscripts that share new knowledge on humour, laughter, playfulness and entertainment as it relates to well-being, quality of life, coping, and health.
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- Google Scholar
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- Japanese Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- TD Net Discovery Service