Spatial Demography focuses on understanding the spatial and spatiotemporal dimension of demographic processes. More specifically, the journal is interested in submissions that include the innovative use and adoption of spatial concepts, geospatial data, spatial technologies, and spatial analytic methods that further our understanding of demographic and policy-related related questions. The journal publishes both substantive and methodological papers from across the discipline of demography and its related fields (including economics, geography, sociology, anthropology, environmental science) and in applications ranging from local to global scale. In addition to research articles the journal will consider for publication review essays, book reviews, and reports/reviews on data, software, and instructional resources.
- Focuses on the spatial analysis of demographic processes
- An interdisciplinary journal
- Involves the integration of spatial theory, concepts, data, measures and analytical methods in research on demographic processes
- Stephen A. Matthews
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Access options available.
- 109 days
- Submission to first decision
- 25 days
- Acceptance to publication
- 7,263 (2018)