The Journal of Developmental and Life-Course Criminology seeks to advance knowledge and understanding of developmental dimensions of offending across the life-course. Research that examines current theories, debates, and knowledge gaps within Developmental and Life Course Criminology is encouraged.
The journal welcomes theoretical papers, empirical papers, and papers that explore the translation of developmental and life-course research into policy and/or practice. Papers that present original research or explore new directions for examination are also encouraged. The journal also welcomes all rigorous methodological approaches and orientations.
The Journal of Developmental and Life-Course Criminology encourages submissions from a broad array of related disciplines including but not limited to psychology, statistics, sociology, psychiatry, neuroscience, geography, political science, history, social work, epidemiology, public health, and economics.
Journal of Developmental and Life-Course Criminology is the official journal of the ASC Division of Developmental and Life-Course Criminology
- Publishes research exploring current theories, debates, and knowledge gaps in developmental and life-course criminology
- Presents papers on theoretical and empirical research, and that explore the application of research into policy and practice
- Coverage spans psychology, statistics, sociology, neuroscience, geography, political science, social work, epidemiology, public health and more
- Tara Renae McGee,
- Paul Mazerolle
- Publishing model
- Hybrid (Transformative Journal). Learn about publishing Open Access with us
- 1.133 (2019)
- Impact factor
- 82 days
- Submission to first decision
- 229 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 71,993 (2020)
Dynamics of the Causes Of Crime: a Life-Course Application of Situational Action Theory for the Transition from Adolescence to Adulthood
As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic we are very aware that many researchers will have difficulty in meeting the timelines associated with our peer review process during normal times. Please do let us know if you need additional time. Our systems will continue to remind you of the original timelines but we intend to be highly flexible at this time.
Read recently published open access articles in the Journal of Developmental and Life-Course Criminology.
Societies, partners and affiliations
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- Current Contents / Social & Behavioral Sciences
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- Google Scholar
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- Journal Citation Reports/Social Sciences Edition
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Social Science Citation Index
- TD Net Discovery Service
- UGC-CARE List (India)