SCIENCE CHINA Materials (SCMs) is an international peer-reviewed journal that covers all aspects of materials science. The journal is supervised by the Chinese Academy of Sciences, and co-sponsored by the Chinese Academy of Sciences and the National Natural Science Foundation of China. It is jointly published monthly in both printed and electronic forms by Science China Press and Springer.
The mission of SCIENCE CHINA Materials is to encourage communication of high quality, innovative research results at the cutting-edge interface of materials science with chemistry, physics, biology and engineering, especially focusing on breakthroughs from all around the world, and it is aimed to become a world-leading academic journal of materials science.
Categories of contribution published in the journal include:
- Articles: peer-reviewed, in-depth reports of outstanding novel findings which also have important and general implications for specialists working in other fields.
- Letters: present short reports in a timely manner on the latest important novel research studies and findings.
- Reviews: summarize representative results and achievements in a particular topic or area, comment on the current research progress, and advice on the future research directions, which should be based on or closely related to the author’s own research work.
- Perspectives: concise reports on recent exciting research of interest to materials scientists worldwide, including discussions of research breakthroughs and interpretations of important science and funding policies.
- Concepts: conceptual advances of new materials, focusing on innovative ideas of structure design and synthesis approaches that may inspire future research directions and breakthroughs.
- Highlights: discuss on very important new results of original research, in general given by a third person, with a view to instruct and to highlight their significance.
Reviews and Perspectives are usually written on invitation; however, authors are welcome to submit unsolicited research Articles and Letters. Only manuscripts in English are accepted.
General editorial inquiries and correspondence should be addressed to the Editor, at email@example.com.
- Yadong Li
- Editorial Director
- Guilin Wang
- Publishing model
- Hybrid (Transformative Journal). Learn about publishing Open Access with us
- 8.273 (2020)
- Impact factor
- 6.370 (2020)
- Five year impact factor
- 216,168 (2020)
Authors (first, second and last of 9)
Photoconverting polyethylene terephthalate into exclusive carbon dioxide by heterostructured NiO/Fe2O3 nanosheets under mild conditions
Authors (first, second and last of 10)
Fluorination-enabled interface of PtNi electrocatalysts for high-performance high-temperature proton exchange membrane fuel cells
Authors (first, second and last of 14)
Authors (first, second and last of 7)
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Co-Publisher information
- Co-publication with Science China Press
- Abstracted and indexed in
- Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS)
- Current Contents/Engineering, Computing and Technology
- Current Contents/Physical, Chemical and Earth Sciences
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- EI Compendex
- Google Scholar
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Science Citation Index Expanded (SciSearch)
- Semantic Scholar
- TD Net Discovery Service
- UGC-CARE List (India)
- WTI Frankfurt eG