SCIENCE CHINA Materials (SCMs) is an international peer-reviewed journal that covers all aspects of materials science. The journal is supervised by the Chinese Academy of Sciences, and co-sponsored by the Chinese Academy of Sciences and the National Natural Science Foundation of China. It is jointly published monthly in both printed and electronic forms by Science China Press and Springer.
The mission of SCIENCE CHINA Materials is to encourage communication of high quality, innovative research results at the cutting-edge interface of materials science with chemistry, physics, biology and engineering, especially focusing on breakthroughs made by Chinese scientists, and it is aimed to become a world-leading academic journal of materials science.
Categories of contribution published in the journal include:
- Articles:peer-reviewed, in-depth reports of outstanding novel findings which also have important and general implications for specialists working in other fields.
- Letters: present short reports in a timely manner on the latest important novel research studies and findings.
- Reviews: summarize representative results and achievements in a particular topic or area, comment on the current research progress, and advice on the future research directions, which should be based on or closely related to the author’s own research work.
- Perspectives: concise reports on recent exciting research of interest to materials scientists worldwide, including discussions of research breakthroughs and interpretations of important science and funding policies.
- Concepts: conceptual advances of new materials, focusing on innovative ideas of structure design and synthesis approaches that may inspire future research directions and breakthroughs.
- Highlights: discuss on very important new results of original research, in general given by a third person, with a view to instruct and to highlight their significance.
Contributions to all sections are usually written on invitation; however, authors are welcome to submit unsolicited articles. Only manuscripts in English are accepted.
General editorial inquiries and correspondence should be addressed to the Editor, at email@example.com.
- Yadong Li
- Editorial Director
- Guilin Wang
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Learn about publishing OA with us
- 6.098 (2019)
- Impact factor
- 5.442 (2019)
- Five year impact factor
- 149,473 (2019)
Spontaneously producing syngas from MFC-MEC coupling system based on biocompatible bifunctional metal-free electrocatalyst
Authors (first, second and last of 4)
Phospholipid/protein co-mediated assembly of Cu2O nanoparticles for specific inhibition of growth and biofilm formation of pathogenic fungi
Authors (first, second and last of 6)
Single-atom Fe with Fe1N3 structure showing superior performances for both hydrogenation and transfer hydrogenation of nitrobenzene
Authors (first, second and last of 13)
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Co-Publisher information
- Co-publication with Science China Press
- Abstracted and indexed in
- Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS)
- Current Contents/Engineering, Computing and Technology
- Current Contents/Physical, Chemical and Earth Sciences
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- EI Compendex
- Google Scholar
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest Materials Science and Engineering Database
- ProQuest SciTech Premium Collection
- ProQuest Technology Collection
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Science Citation Index Expanded (SciSearch)
- Semantic Scholar
- TD Net Discovery Service
- UGC-CARE List (India)
- WTI Frankfurt eG