This journal presents original reports, critical reviews of educational theory and policy, discussions and commentaries on conceptual and methodological issues in educational research, reports on research in progress, and book reviews. Its multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary approach aims to nurture and promote educational research. The journal is an official publication of the New Zealand Association for Research in Education. It is sometimes abbreviated as NZJES.
- Presents original reports, critical reviews of theory and policy, discussion and commentary, research-in-progress reports and more
- Takes a multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary approach, to nurture and promote educational research
- An official publication of the New Zealand Association for Research in Education, NZARE
- Leon Benade,
- Georgina Stewart
- Publishing model
- Hybrid (Transformative Journal). Learn about publishing Open Access with us
- 41 days
- Submission to first decision
- 137 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 48,577 (2020)
Rethinking the Carrot and the Stick: A Case Study of Non-Grade-Bearing Learning Activities to Enhance Students’ Engagement and Achievement
Authors (first, second and last of 4)
As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic we are very aware that many researchers will have difficulty in meeting the timelines associated with our peer review process during normal times. Please do let us know if you need additional time. Our systems will continue to remind you of the original timelines but we intend to be highly flexible at this time.
Special Issue call for papers from New Zealand Journal of Educational Studies – Te Hautaka Mātai Mātauranga
The SIG aims to support publication of high-quality LE research that informs policy and professional practice. This Special Issue with the same theme in New Zealand Journal of Educational Studies (NZJES) addresses this aim.
As a national organisation, NZARE connects those interested in educational research, tertiary institutions, schools and early childhood centres, government agencies such as the Ministry of Education, and the New Zealand Council for Research in Education.
The table of contents of back issues of NZJES are available at the website of NZARE.
Societies, partners and affiliations
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- BFI List
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- EBSCO Education Research Complete
- EBSCO Education Source
- EBSCO Linguistics Abstracts Online
- ERIH PLUS
- Emerging Sources Citation Index
- Google Scholar
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- TD Net Discovery Service
- UGC-CARE List (India)