From the SCOPUS Review: "The journal publishes review articles that have a didactic slant. The articles concisely describe various aspects of modern chemical research at a level that makes them extremely useful to graduate students and to senior scientists. The production and editorial standards are very high, while the writing is clear and accessible. These aspects make the journal a welcome addition to the field."
This online journal publishes texts for academic education in chemistry and biochemistry, with the aim of imparting contemporary knowledge to students at an exceptionally high didactic level. Typical texts offer self-consistent treatment of a topic which could be part of a textbook. These are thoroughly illustrated and may also include such supplementary material as animated presentations or Videos.
The range of topics spans traditional areas of chemistry, such as organic, inorganic, and physical chemistry, plus analytical chemistry, technical chemistry, environmental and green chemistry, food chemistry, theoretical and computational chemistry, biochemistry and chemical biology. It also includes material in the rapidly emerging areas of nanotechnology, energy and security.
The peer-reviewed texts mirror the current state of knowledge, offering genuine improvements over existing textbook material.
- Publishes current, peer-reviewed texts on contemporary topics in chemistry and biochemistry
- Offers valuable improvement over typical textbook material
- A new concept in scientific publishing
- ChemTexts authors can freely share their article with students through SharedIt
- Fritz Scholz
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Access options available
- 25 days
- Submission to first decision
- 49 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 105,768 (2019)
The partition of salts (i) between two immiscible solution phases and (ii) between the solid salt phase and its saturated salt solution
pKa values in the undergraduate curriculum: introducing pKa values measured in DMSO to illustrate solvent effects
As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic we are very aware that many researchers will have difficulty in meeting the timelines associated with our peer review process during normal times. Please do let us know if you need additional time. Our systems will continue to remind you of the original timelines but we intend to be highly flexible at this time.
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS)
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- Emerging Sources Citation Index
- Google Scholar
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- Japanese Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest Materials Science and Engineering Database
- ProQuest SciTech Premium Collection
- ProQuest Technology Collection
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Semantic Scholar