Nano-Micro Letters is a peer-reviewed, international, interdisciplinary and open-access journal published under the SpringerOpen brand that focus on science, experiments, engineering, technologies and applications of nano- or microscale structure and system in physics, chemistry, biology, material science, pharmacy and their expanding interfaces with at least one dimension ranging from a few sub-nanometers to a few hundreds of micrometers. Especially, emphasize the bottom-up approach in the length scale from nano to micro since the key for nanotechnology to reach industrial applications is to assemble, to modify, and to control nanostructure in micro scale. The aim is to provide a publishing platform crossing the boundaries, from nano to micro, and from science to technologies.
Nano-Micro Letters publishes articles that focus on, but are not limited to, the following areas:
- Synthesis, characterization, manipulation of nanomaterials
- Quantum physics, nanoscale electrical transport
- Nanoscale modeling and simulations
- Microdevices based on nanomaterials or nanostructures
- MEMS, NEMS
- Nanosensors, Nanoelectronics, Nanomagnetics
- Nano- or microfluids
- Nanobiology, biotechnology, bioengineering
- Solar cell based on nanostructures and nanomaterials
- Applications related with nano- and micromaterials, devices and systems
Nano-Micro Letters publishes:
- Research articles
- Research articles. Reports of original research work that has not been published previously; not normally more than 8500 words (10 journal pages). Papers on nano-and microscale theories, technologies, engineering and applications should include some representative results. Claims for originality or novelty of researches should be clearly stated in the abstracts.
- Reviews. These are intended to summarize accepted practice and report on recent progress in selected areas; not normally more than 15000 words (15 journal pages). Reviews must be high quality, authoritative, state-of-the-art accounts of the selected research field, including historical reviews, recent advances and perspectives for future development. Reviews should not contain unpublished original research. All cited figures/tables should have copyright permissions.
- Communications. Brief, urgent announcements of significant advances or preliminary accounts of new work, not more than 3500 words (4 journal pages). The most important criteria for acceptance of a Rapid communication are novelty and significance. For these articles authors must state briefly, in a covering letter, exactly why their works merit rapid publication.
- Perspectives. Articles are short readable articles covering current areas of interest, including the latest developments, viewpoints on recent progress. Perspectives are personal reviews of a field or area, and they are focused rather than comprehensive. Perspectives should not exceed 4000 words total. They should have a title, an abstract, a few references, and one or two tables and figures.
- Commentaries. Commentaries present a more in-depth analysis or a new insight into a previously published material. They should be of around 1500 - 3000 words total. A title, an abstract, a few references, and one or two tables and figures should be included in a commentary.
- Highlights. Articles are short readable articles that highlight important new developments covering developments made over the past year or so. They should explain the significance of these developments and may also identify where further works will be urgently required or where challenges are still faced.
The journal is owned by Shanghai Jiao Tong University which covers the publishing costs so authors do not need to pay an article-processing charge.
The journal operates a single-blind peer-review system, where the reviewers are aware of the names and affiliations of the authors, but the reviewer reports provided to authors are anonymous.
All articles published are made freely and permanently accessible online immediately upon publication, without subscription charges or registration barriers. Further information about open access can be found at https://www.springeropen.com/about/open-access.
As authors of articles published in Nano-Micro Letters you are the copyright holders of your article and have granted to any third party, in advance and in perpetuity, the right to use, reproduce or disseminate your article, according to the SpringerOpen copyright and license agreement (https://www.springeropen.com/get-published/copyright/copyright-and-license-agreement).
For those of you who are US government employees or are prevented from being copyright holders for similar reasons, SpringerOpen can accommodate non-standard copyright lines. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if further information is needed.
- Reports on nano- or microscale science, technology, engineering and application in physics, chemistry, biology, material , pharmacy and their expanding interfaces with at least one dimension ranging from a few sub-nanometers to a few hundreds of micrometers, especially, emphasize the bottom-up approach in the length scale from nano to micro
- Presents an attractive and comprehensive reviews, original articles on cutting-edge research and brief communications
- Offers rapid peer-reviewed process and open-access publication
- Yafei Zhang
- Managing Editor
- Liying Zhang
- Publishing model
- Open Access. Learn about publishing OA with us
- 12.264 (2019)
- Impact factor
- 10.439 (2019)
- Five year impact factor
- 833,224 (2020)
This is part of 1 collection:
Highly Stretchable Shape Memory Self-Soldering Conductive Tape with Reversible Adhesion Switched by Temperature
Authors (first, second and last of 12)This is part of 1 collection:
Hierarchical Honeycomb-Structured Electret/Triboelectric Nanogenerator for Biomechanical and Morphing Wing Energy Harvesting
Authors (first, second and last of 11)This is part of 1 collection:
Authors (first, second and last of 10)This is part of 1 collection:
Anisotropic, Wrinkled, and Crack-Bridging Structure for Ultrasensitive, Highly Selective Multidirectional Strain Sensors
Authors (first, second and last of 9)This is part of 1 collection:
Societies, partners and affiliations
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Co-Publisher information
- Sponsored by Shanghai Jiao Tong University
- Abstracted and indexed in
- Astrophysics Data System (ADS)
- BFI List
- Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) - GoOA
- Current Contents/Physical, Chemical and Earth Sciences
- EBSCO Academic Search
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- EBSCO STM Source
- EI Compendex
- Google Scholar
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies & Aerospace Database
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest Engineering
- ProQuest Materials Science and Engineering Database
- ProQuest SciTech Premium Collection
- ProQuest Technology Collection
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Science Citation Index Expanded (SciSearch)
- TD Net Discovery Service
- UGC-CARE List (India)