The key areas of interest of JIBE are: industrial organization and policy; international business and international economics; innovation and entrepreneurship; corporate governance and finance.
Within these key areas, JIBE pays special attention to topics relating to grand challenges in a transforming world. A non exhaustive list of current issues includes: emergent technologies and industry dynamics; the digitalization of industries and financial markets; evolving multinationals and global value chains; environmental change and green transition; sustainable development of emerging economies; competition, regulation and structural policies in the platform economy.
JIBE welcomes papers that combine advancements in the theoretical understanding of phenomena with rigorous, systematic and original evidence-based empirical analysis, using quantitative or qualitative approaches as well as experimental and mixed methods.
The journal is open to industry-, firm- and individual-level analyses, while the geographic scope may vary from subnational regions to nations and supra-national contexts, with a particular consideration of the EU and other integration processes.
The journal also publishes special issues and symposia aimed at opening debate among scholars on specific topics and discovery-type papers on emerging issues in industrial and business economics.
The journal is owned by the Associazione Amici di Economia e Politica Industriale.
- Presents research into firm and industrial organization, innovation, technological change, internationalization, and new industries
- Focuses especially on the structure, evolution, and institutional aspects of industries
- Includes analyses of regulation and industrial policy
- Ranked by the Association of Business Schools’ Academic Journal Guide 2018
- CiteScore 2019: 1.8 (#60/228 in 'Economics, Econometrics and Finance'; #93/221 in 'Business, Management and Accounting')
- Carlo Cambini,
- Massimo G. Colombo,
- Lucia Piscitello,
- Laura Rondi,
- Antonello Zanfei
- Publishing model
- Hybrid (Transformative Journal). Learn about publishing Open Access with us
- 64 days
- Submission to first decision
- 158 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 23,246 (2019)
Productive integration, economic recession and employment in Europe: an assessment based on vertically integrated sectors
Addressing the concerns about carbon leakage in the implementation of carbon pricing policies: a focus on the issue of competitiveness
As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic we are very aware that many researchers will have difficulty in meeting the timelines associated with our peer review process during normal times. Please do let us know if you need additional time. Our systems will continue to remind you of the original timelines but we intend to be highly flexible at this time.
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- ABS Academic Journal Quality Guide
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- Google Scholar
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest ABI/INFORM
- ProQuest Business Premium Collection
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Research Papers in Economics (RePEc)
- TD Net Discovery Service
- UGC-CARE List (India)