The peer-reviewed journal Modeling Earth Systems and Environment (MESE) provides a unique publication platform by discussing interdisciplinary problems and approaches through modeling. The focus of MESE is on modeling in earth and environment related fields, such as: earth and environmental engineering; climate change; hydrogeology; aquatic systems and functions; atmospheric research and water; land use and vegetation change; modeling of forest and agricultural dynamics; and economic and energy systems. Furthermore, the journal combines these topics with modeling of anthropogenic or social phenomena and projections to be used by decision makers.
- Merges modelers from various fields
- Endorses emerging topics related to our earth systems and environment
- Supports decision making by also dealing with modeling of anthropogenic or social phenomena and projections
- Edited by an international and interdisciplinary team of modeling experts
- Executive Editor-in-Chief
- Md. Nazrul Islam
- Julian Aherne,
- Daisuke Kitazawa,
- Ruud J. Schotting
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Access options available.
- 35 days
- Submission to first decision
- 151,520 (2018)