The peer-reviewed journal Modeling Earth Systems and Environment (MESE) provides a unique publication platform by discussing interdisciplinary problems and approaches through modeling. The focus of MESE is on modeling in earth and environment related fields, such as: earth and environmental engineering; climate change; hydrogeology; aquatic systems and functions; atmospheric research and water; land use and vegetation change; modeling of forest and agricultural dynamics; and economic and energy systems. Furthermore, the journal combines these topics with modeling of anthropogenic or social phenomena and projections to be used by decision makers.
Open Access for Germany!
More than 750 German institutions are eligible to participate in the agreement between Springer Nature and Projekt DEAL. If you are a corresponding author affiliated with a German university or research institution, you are entitled to publish open access in our journals with fees covered by the German DEAL agreement.
- Merges modelers from various fields
- Endorses emerging topics related to our earth systems and environment
- Supports decision making by also dealing with modeling of anthropogenic or social phenomena and projections
- Edited by an international and interdisciplinary team of modeling experts
- Executive Editor-in-Chief
- Md. Nazrul Islam
- Julian Aherne,
- Daisuke Kitazawa,
- Ruud J. Schotting
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Access options available
- 35 days
- Submission to first decision
- 80 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 151,520 (2018)