The Best Paper Award for EXTE has been announced! Go here for more information: https://www.springer.com/journal/40799/updates/19038694
Experimental Techniques is an interdisciplinary publication of the Society for Experimental Mechanics focusing on state-of-the-art technical innovations, sophisticated applications and developments in experimental mechanics and dynamics.
• Presents articles advancing the state-of-the-art in measurement and experimental data analysis technologies in structural mechanics and dynamics.
• Furthers understanding of static and dynamic behavior of materials, structures and systems.
• Presents developments and applications of hybrid experimental-analytical methods in structural mechanics and dynamics.
• Provides physical observations necessary to improve and assess new analytical and computational approaches.
• Presents innovative methodologies for experimental mechanics and dynamics.
This journal covers new and important experimental mechanics techniques, with articles on practical applications of experimental mechanics and innovative techniques for creating engineering solutions. It is an official journal of the Society for Experimental Mechanics.
Experimental Techniques publishes outstanding, original research articles in areas including, but not limited to, the following: acoustics, biological materials and systems, composite materials, computer vision/digital image correlation, sensors and data acquisition, dynamic testing and data analysis, signal processing and modal parameter estimation, fatigue, fluid mechanics, fracture mechanics, holography, impact/shock analysis, joints and connections, material behaviors, non-destructive testing, optical methods, residual stresses, statistical analysis, in-situ testing and monitoring, thermal methods, uncertainty quantification.
- Presents articles advancing the state-of-the-art in measurement and experimental data analysis technologies in structural mechanics and dynamics.
- Furthers understanding of static and dynamic behavior of materials, structures and systems.
- Presents developments and applications of hybrid experimental-analytical methods in structural mechanics and dynamics.
- Provides physical observations necessary to improve and assess new analytical and computational approaches.
- Presents innovative methodologies for experimental mechanics and dynamics.
- Bonnie Antoun
- Publishing model
- Hybrid (Transformative Journal). Learn about publishing Open Access with us
- 1.167 (2020)
- Impact factor
- 1.122 (2020)
- Five year impact factor
- 78 days
- Submission to first decision
- 292 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 40,367 (2020)
Tribological Study of Thin-Electroplated Chromium: Evaluation of Wear Rate as a Function of Surface Roughness
Evaluation of Reinforced Concrete T-Beams Retrofitted in Shear with Mechanically Anchored Dry Carbon Fiber Sheets
Authors (first, second and last of 4)
Investigation of Thrust Force, Drill Bit Temperature and Burr Height in the Drilling of Aluminum Alloy Used in Ammunition Wing Drive Systems
Efficiency Improvement of Non-crystal Silicon (Amorphous) Photovoltaic Module in a Solar Hybrid System with Nanofluid
Authors (first, second and last of 4)
As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic we are very aware that many researchers will have difficulty in meeting the timelines associated with our peer review process during normal times. Please do let us know if you need additional time. Our systems will continue to remind you of the original timelines but we intend to be highly flexible at this time.
Societies, partners and affiliations
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- BFI List
- Current Contents/Engineering, Computing and Technology
- EBSCO Academic Search
- EBSCO Applied Science & Technology Source
- EBSCO Book Review Digest Plus
- EBSCO Computers & Applied Sciences Complete
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- EBSCO Engineering Source
- EBSCO OmniFile
- EBSCO STM Source
- EI Compendex
- Google Scholar
- INIS Atomindex
- Japanese Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest Civil Engineering Abstracts
- ProQuest Engineering
- ProQuest Materials Science and Engineering Database
- ProQuest Mechanical and Transportation Engineering Abstracts
- ProQuest Pharma Collection
- ProQuest STEM Database
- ProQuest SciTech Premium Collection
- ProQuest Science Database
- ProQuest Technology Collection
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Science Citation Index Expanded (SciSearch)
- Semantic Scholar
- TD Net Discovery Service
- UGC-CARE List (India)