Transmission Eigenvalues and Related Spectral Problems in Scattering Theory
This special issue will feature recent developments in the theory and applications of transmission eigenvalues and related spectral problems in direct and inverse scattering theory. The transmission eigenvalue problem is at the heart of inverse scattering theory for inhomogeneous media. It has a deceptively simple formulation but presents a perplexing mathematical structure; in particular it is a non-self-adjoint eigenvalue problem. This subject is rich, active and in the past decade has taken a multitude of directions, including developments in the spectral theory for various operators related to scattering, as well as many applications in inverse scattering problems and imaging. We solicit high quality original research papers targeting results on the theory, computations and applications of these topics.
- Fioralba Cakoni, Department of Mathematics, Rutgers University, USA, email@example.com
- Houssem Haddar, INRIA-Saclay, CMAP Ecole Polytechnique, Palaiseau, France, firstname.lastname@example.org
Submission Deadline: June 30, 2021
- Papers should be submitted at the Research in the Mathematical Sciences website: https://www.editorialmanager.com/rmsb/default.aspx
- Select Article Type: Manuscript
- Upload your files: When the system asks, "Does this manuscript belong to a special issue?" reply: Yes, then choose the option "Transmission Eigenvalues and Related Spectral Problems in Scattering Theory"
- Complete the the submission process as required.
For all information and further details, please download the document: Transmission eigenvalues and Related Spectral Problems in Scattering Theory (PDF, 19.17 kB)
For authorsSubmit manuscript
Working on a manuscript?
Avoid the most common mistakes and prepare your manuscript for journal editors.Learn more