The International Journal of Artificial Intelligence in Education (IJAIED) publishes papers concerned with the application of AI to education. It aims to help the development of principles for the design of computer-based learning systems. Its premise is that such principles involve the modeling and representation of relevant aspects of knowledge, before implementation or during execution, and hence require the application of AI techniques and concepts. IJAIED has a very broad notion of the scope of AI and of a 'computer-based learning system'. Coverage extends to agent-based learning environments, architectures for AIED systems, bayesian and statistical methods, cognitive tools for learning, computer-assisted language learning, distributed learning environments, educational robotics, human factors and interface design, intelligent agents on the internet, natural language interfaces for instructional systems, real-world applications of AIED systems, tools for administration and curriculum integration, and more.
The International Journal of Artificial Intelligence in Education is published in conjunction with the International Artificial Intelligence in Education Society (IAIED).
- Spans an interdisciplinary field, thus offering a broad spectrum of topics
- Addresses the complex methodologies intrinsically related to education
- Provides an international perspective of principles used for the design of computer-based learning systems
- Judy Kay,
- Vincent Aleven
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Choice – What is this?
- Submission to first decision: 39 days
- Acceptance to publication: 33 days
- Downloads: 78,424 (2018)