NEWS: Information Technology & Tourism is now included in the Social Sciences Citation Index!
Information Technology & Tourism (ITT) is the first scientific interdisciplinary journal focusing on the nature and role of information technology within the context of tourism, travel and hospitality. Information and communication systems embedded in a global net have had a profound influence on these industries, as also these industries with their presence in the electronic market show an impact on the developments of IT. Advances in the use and development of tools, technologies, and methodologies that have facilitated the efficient netting of information and communication systems in tourism, travel and hospitality are to be presented and discussed within this journal.
Information Technology & Tourism aims primarily to contribute to the process of theory building, and hence to the advancement of research and scholarship in this growing field. As an interdisciplinary journal, it supports industry-oriented research as well as academic theory focused research. ITT will feature both empirical case studies and technical-theoretical papers looking at tourism-travel-hospitality from an IT point of view and at IT from an applied perspective. The journal contains research papers, state-of-the-art reviews, research notes, and analyses of business practice. It is also intended to include papers relevant to the industry in different national contexts.
All manuscripts published in the journal are double-blind peer-reviewed. The standard for publication in Information Technology & Tourism is that a paper must make a substantive contribution to the understanding of the nature and/or role of technology within the context of tourism and hospitality.
- First scientific interdisciplinary journal focusing on the role of information technology within the context of tourism, travel and hospitality
- Contributes to the process of theory building and to the advancement of research and scholarship in this growing field
- Features both empirical case studies and technical-theoretical papers
- Zheng Xiang
- Publishing model
- Hybrid (Transformative Journal). Learn about publishing Open Access with us
- 51 days
- Submission to first decision
- 227 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 44,395 (2019)
Do same-level review ratings have the same level of review helpfulness? The role of information diagnosticity in online reviews
As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic we are very aware that many researchers will have difficulty in meeting the timelines associated with our peer review process during normal times. Please do let us know if you need additional time. Our systems will continue to remind you of the original timelines but we intend to be highly flexible at this time.
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- Australian Business Deans Council (ABDC) Journal Quality List
- CAB Abstracts
- Current Contents / Social & Behavioral Sciences
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- EBSCO Hospitality & Tourism
- Google Scholar
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- Japanese Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- Journal Citation Reports/Social Sciences Edition
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest ABI/INFORM
- ProQuest Business Premium Collection
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Research Papers in Economics (RePEc)
- Social Science Citation Index
- TD Net Discovery Service
- UGC-CARE List (India)