Founded in 1870 as "Archiv für Gynaekologie", Archives of Gynecology and Obstetrics has a long and outstanding tradition. Since 1922 the journal has been the Organ of the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gynäkologie und Geburtshilfe. "The Archives of Gynecology and Obstetrics" is circulated in over 40 countries world wide and is indexed in "PubMed/Medline" and "Science Citation Index Expanded/Journal Citation Report".
The journal publishes invited and submitted reviews; peer-reviewed original articles about clinical topics and basic research as well as news and views and guidelines and position statements from all sub-specialties in gynecology and obstetrics.
- Originally founded in 1870; continues its long tradition of excellence
- Covers all sub-specialties of gynecology and obstetrics
- Offers peer-reviewed original articles, invited and submitted reviews, news and views as well as guidelines and position statements
- 97% of authors who answered a survey reported that they would definitely publish or probably publish in the journal again
- Olaf Ortmann
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Choice – What is this?
- Impact factor: 2.199 (2018)
- Five year impact factor: 2.007 (2018)
- Submission to first decision: 32 days
- Acceptance to publication: 10 days
- Downloads: 367,780 (2018)