The International Review of Intellectual Property and Competition Law (IIC) is a peer-reviewed academic journal published by the Max Planck Institute for Innovation and Competition. Founded in 1970, IIC is one of the most respected journals in the fields of intellectual property and competition law, presenting contributions with the highest standards of academic research.
IIC publishes research on the most significant developments in IP and competition law from around the world. Our aim is to provide a European perspective on these important topics to an international audience.
The journal adopts a multidisciplinary approach and offers a platform for opposing ideas, providing for rich debate on a host of current IP and competition law issues.
The journal’s central feature is high-quality authored materials including articles, editorials, opinions, reports, case notes and book reviews. We also translate and publish the leading decisions from jurisdictions worldwide, including many non-mainstream jurisdictions.
The quality of IIC is grounded on a more than 50-year history of publication. Each volume builds on this tradition of academic excellence. Our established foundation provides a unique platform upon which our readers are able to research and explore emerging developments in IP and competition law in the decades to come.
- A European legal perspective on all major developments in IP and competition law occurring around the world
- A unique network of international contributors
- An over 50-year history of publication
- Articles, opinions and reports on national, EU and international legal developments
- Translations of leading decisions from countries around the world
- Case notes and comments on national, EU and international decisions
- Contributions and case law not only from "mainstream" jurisdictions
- Reto M. Hilty,
- Josef Drexl
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Learn about publishing Open Access with us
- 169,314 (2020)
Has the EU Incentive for Drug Repositioning Been Effective? An Empirical Analysis of the “+1” Regulatory Exclusivity
Authors (first, second and last of 4)
As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic we are very aware that many researchers will have difficulty in meeting the timelines associated with our peer review process during normal times. Please do let us know if you need additional time. Our systems will continue to remind you of the original timelines but we intend to be highly flexible at this time.
IIC Editors’ Corner: During these challenging times, we will select articles that will be temporarily available in this section free of charge. TThese articles are available from July 2 until September 1. Our aim is to provide you with access to new academic contributions on the most recent developments in intellectual property and competition law. We invite you to visit our IIC Editors’ Corner regularly and we hope you enjoy it.
Societies, partners and affiliations
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- Australian Business Deans Council (ABDC) Journal Quality List
- BFI List
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- Emerging Sources Citation Index
- Google Scholar
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- Japanese Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- TD Net Discovery Service
- UGC-CARE List (India)