The International Sports Law Journal (ISLJ) is a quarterly (two double issues, April and October) peer-reviewed journal in the emerging specialty area of international sports law. The ISLJ welcomes manuscripts in English language, and maintains an impressive Editorial Board of international experts.
The main purpose of the ISLJ is to provide vital legal analysis, insightful commentary, and important information to those interested in or impacted by sports and the law — whether academics, practitioners, sports officials, sports enthusiasts, or others — about legally relevant developments in the world of sport from national and international perspectives.
What makes the ISLJ unique is that it is the only truly “international” sports law journal consistently offering broad content coverage by a diverse group of impressive international authors. The ISLJ is an important resource that experts, practitioners and academics rely on for providing interesting, necessary and valuable information regarding sports law related issues. With special topic coverage in each edition, the ISLJ is a necessary tool for anyone interested in sports and the law.
- The only truly “international” peer-reviewed sports law journal consistently offering broad content coverage
- Significant case law analysis, legal commentary and sports related information from sports law experts around the world
- Valuable resource for practitioners, academics, sports officials, sports enthusiasts and anyone interested in or impacted by sports and the law
- Johan Lindholm
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Learn about publishing Open Access with us
- 70 days
- Submission to first decision
- 169 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 86,580 (2020)
As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic we are very aware that many researchers will have difficulty in meeting the timelines associated with our peer review process during normal times. Please do let us know if you need additional time. Our systems will continue to remind you of the original timelines but we intend to be highly flexible at this time.
Societies, partners and affiliations
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Co-Publisher information
- T.M.C. Asser Press
- Abstracted and indexed in
- BFI List
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- Emerging Sources Citation Index
- Google Scholar
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest ABI/INFORM
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- TD Net Discovery Service
- UGC-CARE List (India)