Aims and scope
Sports Medicine focuses on definitive and comprehensive review articles that interpret and evaluate the current literature to provide the rationale for and application of research findings in the sports medicine and exercise field. Major topics covered by reviews published in the journal include:
- Sports medicine and sports science, including performance research.
- The medical syndromes associated with sport and exercise.
- The practical role that clinical medicine plays in sport, through injury prevention and treatment.
- The medical use of exercise for rehabilitation and health.
- The application of physiological and biomechanical principles to specific sports.
Sports Medicine also publishes:
- Leading/current opinion articles providing overviews of contentious or emerging issues.
- High-quality original research articles.
Additional digital features (including animated abstracts, video abstracts, slide decks, audio slides, instructional videos, infographics, podcasts and animations) can be published with articles; these are designed to increase the visibility, readership and educational value of the journal’s content. In addition, articles published in Sports Medicine may be accompanied by plain language summaries to assist readers who have some knowledge of, but not in-depth expertise in, the area to understand important medical advances.
All manuscripts are subject to peer review by international experts. Letters to the Editor are welcomed and will be considered for publication.