Aims and scope
Drugs promotes optimum pharmacotherapy by providing a programme of review and original research articles on the most important aspects of clinical pharmacology and therapeutics. The Journal includes:
- Leading/current opinion articles providing an overview of contentious or emerging issues.
- Definitive reviews of drugs and drug classes, and their place in disease management.
- Therapy in Practice articles including recommendations for specific clinical situations.
- High-quality, well designed, original clinical research.
- Adis Drug Evaluations reviewing the properties and place in therapy of both newer and established drugs.
- AdisInsight Reports summarising development at first global approval.
Additional digital features (including animated abstracts, video abstracts, slide decks, audio slides, instructional videos, infographics, podcasts and animations) can be published with articles; these are designed to increase the visibility, readership and educational value of the journal’s content. In addition, articles published in Drugs may be accompanied by plain language summaries to assist readers who have some knowledge of, but not in-depth expertise in, the area to understand important medical advances.
All manuscripts are subject to peer review by international experts. Letters to the editor are welcomed and will be considered for publication.