Acta Neuropathologica´s mission is to publish the best articles on pathology and pathogenesis of neurological disease. The journal focuses on structural and molecular neuropathology using human tissue, animal models and in vitro systems.
The journal publishes Original Papers, Review Articles, Case Reports and Scientific Correspondence.
Six reasons for publishing your best paper in Acta Neuropathologica:
- High impact: 18.174 (IF 2018)
- Wide distribution: more than 10,000 institutions worldwide having full text access.
- Efficient handling: 9 days between submission and first decision.
- Fast publication: 10 days between acceptance and online publication.
- Commitment to fairness: author feedback program.
- Cost-free printing: no page charges - free color figures.
Why publish with us
- As the most highly cited journal focused on Neuropathology, we welcome articles across the breadth of the pathology and pathogenesis of neurological disease.
- Our committed editorial team oversees a rigorous yet swift review process, averaging 7 days from submission to first decision.
- With over 900,000 article downloads in 2019, we are committed to ensuring the widest possible dissemination for your work.
- Johannes Attems
- Publishing model
- Hybrid (Transformative Journal). Learn about publishing Open Access with us
- 17.088 (2020)
- Impact factor
- 20.906 (2020)
- Five year impact factor
- 6 days
- Submission to first decision
- 67 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 1,027,734 (2020)
Enhancer reprogramming in PRC2-deficient malignant peripheral nerve sheath tumors induces a targetable de-differentiated state
Authors (first, second and last of 33)
HnRNP K mislocalisation is a novel protein pathology of frontotemporal lobar degeneration and ageing and leads to cryptic splicing
Authors (first, second and last of 14)
Authors (first, second and last of 9)
Malignant gliomas with H3F3A G34R mutation or MYCN amplification in pediatric patients with Li Fraumeni syndrome
Authors (first, second and last of 6)
We are proud to announce that Acta Neuropathologica is a top ranked journal for Editorial Excellence!
As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic we are very aware that many researchers will have difficulty in meeting the timelines associated with our peer review process during normal times. Please do let us know if you need additional time. Our systems will continue to remind you of the original timelines but we intend to be highly flexible at this time.
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- BFI List
- Biological Abstracts
- CAB Abstracts
- Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS)
- Current Contents/ Life Sciences
- EBSCO Academic Search
- EBSCO Biomedical Reference Collection
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- EBSCO STM Source
- Google Scholar
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- Japanese Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- Pathway Studio
- ProQuest Biological Science Database
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest Health & Medical Collection
- ProQuest Health Research Premium Collection
- ProQuest Medical Database
- ProQuest Natural Science Collection
- ProQuest Neurosciences Abstracts
- ProQuest Pharma Collection
- ProQuest Psychology Database
- ProQuest SciTech Premium Collection
- ProQuest Virology and AIDS Abstracts
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Science Citation Index
- Science Citation Index Expanded (SciSearch)
- Semantic Scholar
- TD Net Discovery Service
- UGC-CARE List (India)