Acta Neuropathologica´s mission is to publish the best articles on pathology and pathogenesis of neurological disease. The journal focuses on structural and molecular neuropathology using human tissue, animal models and in vitro systems.
The journal publishes Original Papers, Review Articles, Case Reports and Scientific Correspondence.
Six reasons for publishing your best paper in Acta Neuropathologica:
- High impact: 18.174 (IF 2018)
- Wide distribution: more than 10,000 institutions worldwide having full text access.
- Efficient handling: 9 days between submission and first decision.
- Fast publication: 10 days between acceptance and online publication.
- Commitment to fairness: author feedback program.
- Cost-free printing: no page charges - free color figures.
Why publish with us
- As the most highly cited journal focused on Neuropathology, we welcome articles across the breadth of the pathology and pathogenesis of neurological disease.
- Our committed editorial team oversees a rigorous yet swift review process, averaging 7 days from submission to first decision.
- With over 900,000 article downloads in 2019, we are committed to ensuring the widest possible dissemination for your work.
- Johannes Attems
- Publishing model
- Hybrid (Transformative Journal). Learn about publishing Open Access with us
- 14.251 (2019)
- Impact factor
- 16.291 (2019)
- Five year impact factor
- 7 days
- Submission to first decision
- 72 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 918,464 (2019)
Authors (first, second and last of 45)
Mutations within FGFR1 are associated with superior outcome in a series of 83 diffuse midline gliomas with H3F3A K27M mutations
Authors (first, second and last of 8)
The mechanistic link between selective vulnerability of the locus coeruleus and neurodegeneration in Alzheimer’s disease
Authors (first, second and last of 4)
Maturation of neuronal AD-tau pathology involves site-specific phosphorylation of cytoplasmic and synaptic tau preceding conformational change and fibril formation
Authors (first, second and last of 10)
As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic we are very aware that many researchers will have difficulty in meeting the timelines associated with our peer review process during normal times. Please do let us know if you need additional time. Our systems will continue to remind you of the original timelines but we intend to be highly flexible at this time.
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- Biological Abstracts
- CAB Abstracts
- Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS)
- Current Contents/ Life Sciences
- EBSCO Academic Search
- EBSCO Biomedical Reference Collection
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- EBSCO STM Source
- Elsevier Biobase
- Google Scholar
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- Japanese Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- Pathway Studio
- ProQuest Biological Science Database
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest Health & Medical Collection
- ProQuest Health Research Premium Collection
- ProQuest Medical Database
- ProQuest Natural Science Collection
- ProQuest Neurosciences Abstracts
- ProQuest Pharma Collection
- ProQuest Psychology Database
- ProQuest SciTech Premium Collection
- ProQuest Virology and AIDS Abstracts
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Science Citation Index
- Science Citation Index Expanded (SciSearch)
- Semantic Scholar
- TD Net Discovery Service
- UGC-CARE List (India)