The journal Rheologica Acta advances the science of rheology by publishing high quality peer reviewed articles, invited reviews and peer reviewed short communications reporting substantial progress in core areas of fluid or solid rheology.
The scope of coverage includes rheometrical and rheo-physical techniques, rheo-optics, microrheology; rheology of soft matter systems including polymer melts and solutions, colloidal dispersions, cement, ceramics, glasses, gels, emulsions, surfactant systems, liquid crystals, biomaterials and food; electro and magnetorheology; theory of rheology; non-Newtonian fluid mechanics, complex fluids in microfluidic devices and flow instabilities; interfacial rheology and more.
Rheologica Acta is the official journal of The European Society of Rheology.
- Presents papers in all core areas of fluid or solid rheology.
- Explores topics such as theories of rheology; non-Newtonian materials; computational methods in rheology; elastic instabilities and secondary flows; time-resolved rheometry, and more.
- According to a 2019 survey, 88% of previous authors would submit to this journal again.
- Lynn M. Walker,
- Jan Vermant
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Learn about publishing OA with us
- 2.604 (2019)
- Impact factor
- 2.337 (2019)
- Five year impact factor
- 123,957 (2019)
Improvement of HIA model and the impact of the inverse Langevin function proposed by Marchi and Arruda
Authors (first, second and last of 5)
Turning a yield-stress calcite suspension into a shear-thickening one by tuning inter-particle friction
Diffusion, extensibility, flow, and orientation coupling in polymers filled with extensible and flexible fibers
As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic we are very aware that many researchers will have difficulty in meeting the timelines associated with our peer review process during normal times. Please do let us know if you need additional time. Our systems will continue to remind you of the original timelines but we intend to be highly flexible at this time.
The Rheologica Acta Publication Award is presented annually to outstanding papers published in the journal. Learn more and see previous award recipients here.
Springer Nature is pleased to offer members of the European Society of Rheology discounted access to SN Author Services.
Follow us and keep up to date with the latest journal news, research highlights, and more.
Societies, partners and affiliations
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS)
- Current Contents/Physical, Chemical and Earth Sciences
- EBSCO Academic Search
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- Google Scholar
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- Japanese Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest Engineering
- ProQuest Materials Science and Engineering Database
- ProQuest SciTech Premium Collection
- ProQuest Technology Collection
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Science Citation Index
- Science Citation Index Expanded (SciSearch)
- Semantic Scholar
- TD Net Discovery Service
- UGC-CARE List (India)
- WTI Frankfurt eG