The journal Rheologica Acta advances the science of rheology by publishing high quality peer reviewed articles, invited reviews and peer reviewed short communications reporting substantial progress in core areas of fluid or solid rheology.
The scope of coverage includes rheometrical and rheo-physical techniques, rheo-optics, microrheology; rheology of soft matter systems including polymer melts and solutions, colloidal dispersions, cement, ceramics, glasses, gels, emulsions, surfactant systems, liquid crystals, biomaterials and food; electro and magnetorheology; theory of rheology; non-Newtonian fluid mechanics, complex fluids in microfluidic devices and flow instabilities; interfacial rheology and more.
Rheologica Acta is the official journal of The European Society of Rheology.
- Presents papers in all core areas of fluid or solid rheology.
- Explores topics such as theories of rheology; non-Newtonian materials; computational methods in rheology; elastic instabilities and secondary flows; time-resolved rheometry, and more.
- According to a 2019 survey, 88% of previous authors would submit to this journal again.
- Lynn M. Walker,
- Jan Vermant
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Choice – What is this?
- Impact factor: 2.531 (2018)
- Five year impact factor: 2.429 (2018)
- Acceptance to publication: 16 days
- Downloads: 121,796 (2018)