Instructions for Authors
Submission of a manuscript implies
– that the work described has not been published before;
– that it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere;
– that its publication has been approved by all co-authors, if any;
– that, if and when the manuscript is accepted for publication, the authors agree to automatically transfer the copyright to the publisher;
– that the manuscript will not be published elsewhere in any language without the consent of the copyright holder;
– that the manuscript should be written in English.
Submission of Manuscripts
Papers for submission to GAFA should be written in English and in LaTeX, in a format similar to published articles.
The preferred method of submission is electronic submission in the form of a pdf or ps file to the Editorial Office:
Please note that authors should consider their papers submitted to GAFA only after receiving official confirmation from GAFA's editorial office.
For the 2019 from January 1st until December 31st GAFA received 415 papers submitted for consideration for publication, while 1 submission from 2018 remains under consideration. Out of the 2019 submitted papers, the decision has already been made not to publish 365 of these papers in GAFA while 19 of these submissions have already been accepted for publication.
Accepted manuscripts will be published electronically Online First until they are assigned to an issue.
50 reprints of each paper will be supplied free of charge to single authors, and 25 reprints will be supplied free of charge to each co-author of a paper with more than one author. Additional reprints can be obtained through the Publisher.
In addition to the normal publication process (whereby an article is submitted to the journal and access to that article is granted to customers who have purchased a subscription), Open Choice now provides an alternative publishing option. An Open Choice article receives all benefits of a regular “subscription-based” article, but in addition the full text is made available publicly through the journal’s online platform SpringerLink immediately after publication.
To publish via Open Choice upon acceptance of your article, please complete the relevant order form and provide the required payment information; the order form will be sent to you by our production department together with the page proofs of your article. Payment must be received in full before publication or articles will be published as a regular subscription-model article. For further information please see the link "Open Choice" under "For Authors and Editors" (right side of the GAFA website).
The copyright covers the exclusive right to reproduce and distribute the article by means of printing, reprinting or any other method deemed appropriate by the Publisher including electronic means, photographic reproductions, microfilm or any other reproductions of similar nature, as well as translations.
Unless otherwise specified Birkhäuser / Springer Nature Switzerland AG holds all rights. All articles published in this journal are protected by copyright; they may not be duplicated in hard copy or machine readable form or reproduced photographically, and they may not be redistributed, transmitted, or translated or stored on microfilm, in electronic data bases, on local servers, video disks etc. without prior written permission from Birkhäuser / Springer Nature Switzerland AG. Commercial use or redistribution can only be allowed by specific licence agreement.
Single photocopies of single articles may be made for personal use as allowed by national copyright laws. Permission of the publisher and payment of a fee is required for all other photocopying, including multiple or systematic copying, copying for advertising or promotional purposes, resale, and all forms of document delivery. In the USA, users may clear permissions and make payment through the Copyright Clearance Center Inc., 222 Rosewood Drive, Danvers, MA 01923, USA (http://www.copyright.com).
In Germany, users may clear permissions and make payment through the Verwertungsgesellschaft WORT, Goethestraße 49, D – 80336 München, Germany (http://www.vgwort.de). In other countries where a local copyright clearance centre exists, please contact it for information on required permissions and payments.
English Language Editing
For editors and reviewers to accurately assess the work presented in your manuscript you need to ensure the English language is of sufficient quality to be understood. If you need help with writing in English you should consider:
- Asking a colleague who is a native English speaker to review your manuscript for clarity.
- Visiting the English language tutorial which covers the common mistakes when writing in English.
- Using a professional language editing service where editors will improve the English to ensure that your meaning is clear and identify problems that require your review. Two such services are provided by our affiliates Nature Research Editing Service and American Journal Experts. Springer authors are entitled to a 10% discount on their first submission to either of these services, simply follow the links below.
Please note that the use of a language editing service is not a requirement for publication in this journal and does not imply or guarantee that the article will be selected for peer review or accepted.
If your manuscript is accepted it will be checked by our copyeditors for spelling and formal style before publication.
● 使用专业语言编辑服务，编辑人员会对英语进行润色，以确保您的意思表达清晰，并识别需要您复核的问题。我们的附属机构 Nature Research Editing Service 和合作伙伴 American Journal Experts 即可提供此类服务。
・プロの英文校正サービスを利用する。校正者が原稿の意味を明確にしたり、問題点を指摘し、英語の質を向上させます。Nature Research Editing Service とAmerican Journal Experts の2つは弊社と提携しているサービスです。Springer の著者は、いずれのサービスも初めて利用する際には10%の割引を受けることができます。以下のリンクを参照ください。
영어 원고의 경우, 에디터 및 리뷰어들이 귀하의 원고에 실린 결과물을 정확하게 평가할 수 있도록, 그들이 충분히 이해할 수 있을 만한 수준으로 작성되어야 합니다. 만약 영작문과 관련하여 도움을 받기를 원하신다면 다음의 사항들을 고려하여 주십시오:
• 귀하의 원고의 표현을 명확히 해줄 영어 원어민 동료를 찾아서 리뷰를 의뢰합니다.
• 영어 튜토리얼 페이지에 방문하여 영어로 글을 쓸 때 자주하는 실수들을 확인합니다.
• 리뷰에 대비하여, 원고의 의미를 명확하게 해주고 리뷰에서 요구하는 문제점들을 식별해서 영문 수준을 향상시켜주는 전문 영문 교정 서비스를 이용합니다. Nature Research Editing Service와 American Journal Experts에서 저희와 협약을 통해 서비스를 제공하고 있습니다. Springer 저자들이 본 교정 서비스를 첫 논문 투고를 위해 사용하시는 경우 10%의 할인이 적용되며, 아래의 링크를 통하여 확인이 가능합니다.
영문 교정 서비스는 게재를 위한 요구사항은 아니며, 해당 서비스의 이용이 피어 리뷰에 논문이 선택되거나 게재가 수락되는 것을 의미하거나 보장하지 않습니다.
원고가 수락될 경우, 출판 전 저희측 편집자에 의해 원고의 철자 및 문체를 검수하는 과정을 거치게 됩니다.
While the advice and information in this journal is believed to be true and accurate at the date of its going to press, neither the authors, the editors, nor the publisher can accept any legal responsibility for any errors or omissions that may be made. In no event will Birkhäuser or the author(s) be liable for direct, indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of the use or inability to use the information contained in this journal, even if Birkhäuser or the author(s) has been advised of the possibility of such damages.