2021 Editor's Award
2021 Editor’s Awards
The Editor’s Award is given to an individual who has contributed a reviewer’s report of outstanding merit on a manuscript submitted for publication in Advances in Atmospheric Sciences (AAS). The quality of AAS depends essentially upon reviewers’ voluntary and painstaking efforts. Nominations are considered by the editors and editorial office, which make recommendations for final approval by the Editors-in-Chief.
The following reviewers are to be presented with a 2021 AAS Editor's Award:
- Bukovcic, Petar (University of Oklahoma Norman Campus): For providing high-quality reviews of manuscripts.
- Chen, Xiaomin (NOAA): For reviewing multiple manuscripts and providing detailed comments for each of them.
- Cheung, Ho-Nam (Sun Yat-Sen University): For accepting within a few hours the invitation to review and then returning a thorough but also fair and encouraging review within 10 days.
- Gim, Hyeon-Ju (Seoul National University): For providing detailed and constructive comments on original and revised versions.
- Han, Wei (China Meteorological Administration): For providing thoughtful and timely reviews for three manuscripts in the area of satellite data assimilation.
- Jahn, David (University of Oklahoma Norman Campus): For two rounds of comprehensive reviews that benefited not only the paper but also the authors in their future writing of other papers.
- Jin, Yishuai (Peking University): For a timely and insightful review that helped a critical editorial decision.
- Kim, Dasol (Seoul National University): For raising important questions that may have affected the results of the study.
- Lagerquist, Ryan (University of Oklahoma): For carefully checking all the equations in the paper and providing instrumental comments.
- Ludwig, Valentin (University of Bremen): For providing an extremely thorough review with very useful feedback that helped to improve the manuscript substantially.
- Tang, Jianping (Nanjing University): For his comprehensive comments on a manuscript.
- van Harten, Gerard (NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory): For his thoughtful and critical review of a manuscript.
- Wada, Akiyoshi (Japan Meteorological Agency): For efficient, vigorous and fair reviews.
- Wang, Gehui (East China Normal University): For his detailed and constructive reviews.
- Zeng, Zhengzhong (Southern University of Science and Technology): For constructive comments that improved the quality of the manuscript.
This year’s Outstanding Editor awards go to the following editors:
Mike Davey, Jianhua Lu, Noel Keenlyside, Byung-Ju Sohn, Ming Xue, Zong-Liang Yang
And the following guest editors are also to receive an award for organizing special issues in 2020:
Zhiyong Meng, Yuesi Wang, Ning Zeng, Peng Zhang, Tianjun Zhou