Biology and Fertility of Soils publishes in English original papers, reviews and short communications on all fundamental and applied aspects of biology – microflora and microfauna - and fertility of soils. It offers a forum for research aimed at broadening the understanding of biological functions, processes and interactions in soils, particularly concerning the increasing demands of agriculture, deforestation and industrialization. The journal includes articles on techniques and methods that evaluate processes, biogeochemical interactions and ecological stresses, and sometimes presents special issues on relevant topics.
The Founding Editor is Johannes C. G. Ottow; the Editor-in-Chief is Paolo Nannipieri, Dipartimento Scienza del Suolo
e Nutrizione della Pianta, Università di Firenze, Italy.
- Focuses on fundamental and applied aspects of microflora and microfauna and fertility (productivity) of soils
- Covers techniques and methods that evaluate processes, biogeochemical interactions and ecological stresses
- Sometimes presents special issues based on meetings or relevant topics
- 98% of authors who answered a survey reported that they would definitely publish or probably publish in the journal again
- Paolo Nannipieri
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Choice – What is this?
- Impact factor: 4.829 (2018)
- Five year impact factor: 4.320 (2018)
- Submission to first decision: 24 days
- Acceptance to publication: 10 days
- Downloads: 233,140 (2018)