The Journal of Comparative Physiology B publishes peer-reviewed original articles and reviews on the comparative physiology of invertebrate and vertebrate animals. Special emphasis is placed on integrative studies that elucidate mechanisms at the whole-animal, organ, tissue, cellular and/or molecular levels. Review papers report on the current state of knowledge in an area of comparative physiology, and directions in which future research is needed.
Aspects of particular interest include: molecular and endocrine control of metabolism; membrane transport and nutrient absorption; respiration and gas exchange; circulation and body fluids; energy and temperature relations; muscle and exercise physiology; energetics and endocrinology of reproduction; evolutionary aspects of physiology, and more.
Details concerning the submission and publication procedures:
- No Page Charges
- No Fees for Online Color Images
- Optional Open Access Publication Fee (APC) – USD 3140,- / Euro 2480,- / GBP 2080,- net
- Presents peer-reviewed original articles and reviews on the comparative physiology of invertebrate and vertebrate animals
- Reports on the current state of knowledge in comparative physiology
- Highlights directions in which future research is needed
- 94% of authors who answered a survey reported that they would definitely publish or probably publish in the journal again
- Gerhard Heldmaier
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Choice – What is this?
- Impact factor: 2.341 (2018)
- Five year impact factor: 2.259 (2018)
- Submission to first decision: 34 days
- Acceptance to publication: 10 days
- Downloads: 110,758 (2018)