Call for Papers on "Computational Creativity"
A special issue of New Generation Computing solicits papers on the theme of New Directions in Computational Creativity.
Paper Submission Deadline: March 21st, 2020 ***CLOSED***
Notification: May 21st, 2020
Revision Period: May 21st to June 21st, 2020
Publication: End of Summer, 2020 (to be announced at ICCC 2020)
Paper Submission Format: Refer to the journal home page. (Choose “Special Issue: Computational Creativity” in the submission system)
Scope of This Issue
The purpose of this special issue is to present innovative research and novel applications of creative technologies and CC (computational creativity) frameworks. The call is open to all.
We therefore solicit papers on diverse aspects of Computational Creativity from multiple overlapping fields of interest, such as:
- specific domains of computational creativity, including but not limited to: music, art, literature, technology, mathematics, scientific discovery, etc.
- AI perspectives on cognitive modelling and the psychology of creativity
- knowledge representations and other resources
- algorithms for creative processing
- machine learning and statistical approaches
- evaluating creative systems and their outputs
- social and philosophical underpinnings of computational creativity
- aesthetics and taste (and limits of acceptability) in machine creativity
- social and distributed creativity in groups and networks
- computational creativity in games
- co-creativity and interactive / human-in-the-loop creation
- new technology platforms and modalities (robots, voice controllers, etc.)
- new interdisciplinary perspectives on Computational Creativity
- other dimensions of human and machine creativity not covered above
- Tony Veale (University College Dublin, Ireland)
- Rafael Pérez y Pérez, Universidad Autónoma Metropolitana, Cuajimalpa, México.
- Mike Cook (Goldsmiths College, London UK)
- Kazjon Grace (University of Sydney, Australia)
- Mary Lou Maher (University of North Carolina, USA)
- Tony Veale (Tony.Veale[at]UCD[dot]ie)
- Rafael Pérezy Pérez (rperez[at]correo[dot]cua[dot]uam[dot]mx)