Journal of Oceanology and Limnology (JOL) aims to disseminate original research articles in the forms of review, research paper, and note. JOL welcomes high-quality articles on aspects of oceanology (oceanography) and limnology from all over the world, including those in academic coverage: biology (bioinformatics, bioengineering), physics (mathematical and computational physics), geology (sedimentology, geophysics, paleontology, geochemistry), chemistry (geochemistry, biochemistry), hydrology, meteorology, and geography; and those in practical coverage: aquaculture, marine resource exploration, remote-sensing, environmental protection, marine engineering, pharmacology, and instrumentation.
Manuscripts submitted are considered only on the condition that the contents are not plagiarized nor published elsewhere previously, and must be complied with ethical standards.
Articles submitted shall state explicitly the objectives and novelty. The articles shall be written in good English and smooth logic, and well understood by broad audience.
- Explores ocean and lake related sciences from the world
- Founded in 1982, Journal of Oceanology and Limnology (JOL) (formerly Chinese Journal of Oceanology and Limnology (1982-2017)) is a comprehensive learnt journal
- Academic coverage includes biology, physics, geology, chemistry, hydrology, meteorology, geography and more
- Practical coverage includes aquaculture, marine resource exploration, remote sensing, environmental protection, marine engineering and more
- Articles submitted shall have clear objectives and novelty, reflect important advances in science or technology in the field. The articles shall be written in good English and smooth logic, and well understood by broad audience
- This is the only official learnt-society journal of the Chinese Society for Oceanology and Limnology, and it is affiliated with the Institute of Oceanology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Qingdao, China
- Jianhai Xiang
- Executive Editor-in-Chief
- Ian R. Jenkinson
- Editorial Director
- Roger Z. Yu
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Access options available.
- 0.741 (2018)
- Impact factor
- 0.907 (2018)
- Five year impact factor
- 37,722 (2018)