Publishing essential research results in two of the most important areas of applied physics, both Applied Physics sections figure among the top most cited journals in this field.
In addition to regular papers Applied Physics B: Lasers and Optics features invited reviews. Fields of topical interest are covered by feature issues. The journal also includes a rapid communication section for the speedy publication of important and particularly interesting results.
Applied Physics B covers the broad field of:
- laser physics
- linear and nonlinear optics
- ultrafast phenomena
- photonic devices
- optical and laser materials
- quantum optics
- laser spectroscopy of atoms, molecules and clusters
- use of laser radiation in biophotonics, chemistry and biochemistry
- Features publication of experimental and theoretical investigations in applied physics
- Offers invited reviews in addition to regular papers
- Coverage includes laser physics, linear and nonlinear optics, ultrafast phenomena, photonic devices, optical and laser materials, quantum optics, laser spectroscopy of atoms, molecules and clusters, and more
- 94% of authors who answered a survey reported that they would definitely publish or probably publish in the journal again
- Dieter Meschede
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Choice – What is this?
- Impact factor: 1.769 (2018)
- Five year impact factor: 1.739 (2018)
- Submission to first decision: 47 days
- Acceptance to publication: 8 days
- Downloads: 276,884 (2018)