Applied Physics A publishes experimental and theoretical investigations in applied physics and materials science as regular articles, rapid communications and invited papers. Our diverse Editorial Board reflects the interdisciplinary approach of the journal and ensures the highest quality of peer review.
Why publish with us?
Editors’ Choice article
Selection of the most exciting articles published in Applied Physics A – read here.
Julius Springer Prize for Applied Physics
This prize has been established by the Editors of Applied Physics A & B and Springer. Recipients have made outstanding and innovative contributions to the field of applied physics. The prize money of US$5000 is intended as an incentive for further research and development. See the previous winner of Julius Springer Prize.
- Since its launch in 1973, Applied Physics A has become one of the most recognized journals in the field
- We welcome research from all areas across the applied physics and materials science
- Over 90% of surveyed authors said they are likely to submit to the journal again
- Through Springer Compact agreements, authors from participating institutions can publish Open Choice at no cost to the authors.
- We collaborate with ResearchGate - your published paper will be automatically added to your profile and available to read by all ResearchGate users (pilot program)
- Thomas Lippert
- Senior editors
- Ming Liu,
- Vassilia Zorba,
- Norbert Koch
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Choice – What is this?
- Impact factor: 1.784 (2018)
- Five year impact factor: 1.656 (2018)
- Submission to first decision: 52 days
- Acceptance to publication: 8 days
- Downloads: 549,681 (2018)