Applied Physics A publishes experimental and theoretical investigations in applied physics and materials science as regular articles, rapid communications and invited papers. Our diverse Editorial Board reflects the interdisciplinary approach of the journal and ensures the highest quality of peer review.
Why publish with Applied Physics A?
- Since the launch in 1973, we have become one of the most recognized journals in the field.
- Over 90% of authors said they are likely to submit to the journal again.
- “Applied Physics A is in great favor among my colleagues” Professor, Europe
- We ensure that your article can be easily discovered, accessed, understood, used and shared - and act as a springboard for further discovery; your paper will be automatically added to your ResearchGate profile.
- Through Springer Compact agreements, authors from participating institutions can publish Open Choice at no cost to authors.
- We aim to build long-term relationships with researchers, providing expert guidance, training and support, from your first article to career-defining papers.
List of topics published in Applied Physics A
Please make sure that your manuscript is matching at least one of the following classifications. The full list of topics, which includes the subtopics and keywords used, can be downloaded via the Submission Guidelines link.
1. Nanostructures, Nanomaterials
2. Laser Ablation and Deposition, Analysis
3. Additive Manufacturing
5. Functional Oxides
6. Amorphous Solids: glasses and metallic glasses
7. Advanced Metals and Alloys (not pure chemistry)
8. Carbon Materials
9. Polymers and Organic Materials
10. Magnetic Materials, including thin films and multilayers
11. Semiconductors and Novel Materials, Sensors
12. Modeling and Computation in Applied Materials Science
13. Advanced Spectroscopies including single molecules (not standard characterization)
14. Materials for Energy Applications
15. Applied Biophysics, Nanobiomaterials
- Thomas Lippert
- Publishing model
- Hybrid (Transformative Journal). Learn about publishing Open Access with us
- 1.810 (2019)
- Impact factor
- 1.668 (2019)
- Five year impact factor
- 33 days
- Submission to first decision
- 95 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 603,232 (2020)
Influence of NiO doping on elastic properties of Li2SO4-MgO-P2O5 glass system-Investigation by means of acoustic wave propagation
Authors (first, second and last of 8)
Read the Editors' Choice Article for this month
Our recent article, Spiky-joint: a bioinspired solution to combine mobility and support by Khaheshi, A., Gorb, S.N. & Rajabi, H. has been downloaded over 18k times in less than two weeks!
New Thematic Series "Materials by Design Under Pressure: experiments and theory" open for submissions.
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- Astrophysics Data System (ADS)
- Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS)
- Current Contents Collections / Electronics & Telecommunications Collection
- Current Contents/Physical, Chemical and Earth Sciences
- EBSCO Academic Search
- EBSCO Advanced Placement Source
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- EBSCO Engineering Source
- EBSCO STM Source
- EBSCO Science & Technology Collection
- EI Compendex
- FIZ Karlsruhe
- Google Scholar
- INIS Atomindex
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- Japanese Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies & Aerospace Database
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest Engineering
- ProQuest Materials Science and Engineering Database
- ProQuest SciTech Premium Collection
- ProQuest Technology Collection
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Science Citation Index
- Science Citation Index Expanded (SciSearch)
- TD Net Discovery Service
- UGC-CARE List (India)
- WTI Frankfurt eG