Applied Physics A publishes experimental and theoretical investigations in applied physics and materials science as regular articles, rapid communications and invited papers. Our diverse Editorial Board reflects the interdisciplinary approach of the journal and ensures the highest quality of peer review.
Why publish with Applied Physics A?
- Since the launch in 1973, we have become one of the most recognized journals in the field.
- Over 90% of authors said they are likely to submit to the journal again.
- “Applied Physics A is in great favor among my colleagues” Professor, Europe
- We ensure that your article can be easily discovered, accessed, understood, used and shared - and act as a springboard for further discovery; your paper will be automatically added to your ResearchGate profile.
- Through Springer Compact agreements, authors from participating institutions can publish Open Choice at no cost to authors.
- We aim to build long-term relationships with researchers, providing expert guidance, training and support, from your first article to career-defining papers.
- A selection of the most exciting articles published in Applied Physics A.
Julius Springer Prize for Applied Physics
- Established by the Editors of Applied Physics A & B and Springer, this prize aims to reward outstanding and innovative contributions to the field. The prize of US$5000 is intended as an incentive for further research and development.
- Thomas Lippert
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Access options available
- 1.784 (2018)
- Impact factor
- 1.656 (2018)
- Five year impact factor
- 42 days
- Submission to first decision
- 118 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 549,681 (2018)
Authors (first, second and last of 7)
Positional controlling of dielectric particles using a probe-typed micromanipulator with electrostatic mechanism
New Thematic Series “Biological and Biomimetic Materials” open for submissions
See which Applied Physics A articles received the most article accesses during 2019.
Leon O. Chua is awarded the 2020 Julius Springer Award for Applied Physics
Read the Editors' Choice Article for this month
- Note this is only the net price. Taxes will be calculated during checkout.
- Immediate online access
- Full Journal access includes all articles
- Downloadable in PDF
- Subscription expires 12/31/2020
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- Astrophysics Data System (ADS)
- Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS)
- Current Contents Collections / Electronics & Telecommunications Collection
- Current Contents/Physical, Chemical and Earth Sciences
- EBSCO Academic Search
- EBSCO Advanced Placement Source
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- EBSCO Engineering Source
- EBSCO STM Source
- EBSCO Science & Technology Collection
- EI Compendex
- FIZ Karlsruhe
- Gale Academic OneFile
- Google Scholar
- INIS Atomindex
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- Japanese Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies & Aerospace Database
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest Engineering
- ProQuest Materials Science and Engineering Database
- ProQuest SciTech Premium Collection
- ProQuest Technology Collection
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Science Citation Index
- Science Citation Index Expanded (SciSearch)
- WTI Frankfurt eG