Aims and scope
Journal of Consumer Protection and Food Safety (JCF)
The JCF publishes peer-reviewed original Research Articles and Opinions that are of direct importance to Food and Feed Safety. This includes Food Packaging, Consumer Products as well as Plant Protection Products, Food Microbiology, Veterinary Drugs, Animal Welfare and Genetic Engineering.
All peer-reviewed articles that are published should be devoted to improve Consumer Health Protection. Reviews and discussions are welcomed that address legal and/or regulatory decisions with respect to risk assessment and management of Food and Feed Safety issues on a scientific basis. It addresses an international readership of scientists, risk assessors and managers, and other professionals active in the field of Food and Feed Safety and Consumer Health Protection.
Manuscripts – preferably written in English but also in German – are published as Research Articles, Reviews, Methods and Short Communications and should cover aspects including, but not limited to:
· Factors influencing Food and Feed Safety
· Factors influencing Consumer Health Protection
· Factors influencing Consumer Behavior
· Exposure science related to Risk Assessment and Risk Management
· Regulatory aspects related to Food and Feed Safety, Food Packaging, Consumer Products, Plant Protection Products, Food Microbiology, Veterinary Drugs, Animal Welfare and Genetic Engineering
· Analytical methods and method validation related to food control and food processing.
The JCF also presents important News, as well as Announcements and Reports about administrative surveillance.
The JCF is published by the Federal Office of Consumer Protection and Food Safety and provides information for authorities and institutions as well as other organisations and companies, especially in Germany but also in the European Union and worldwide.
First published in 2006
1 volume/year, 4 issues/volume + 1-2 supplements, approx. 400 pages per volume
Format: 21 x 27.9 cm
ISSN 1661-5751 (print)
ISSN 1661-5867 (electronic)