Current Genetics publishes genetic, genomic, molecular and systems-level analysis of eukaryotic and prokaryotic microorganisms and cell organelles. All articles are peer-reviewed. The journal welcomes submissions employing any type of research approach, be it analytical (aiming at a better understanding), applied (aiming at practical applications), synthetic or theoretical.
Current Genetics no longer accepts manuscripts describing the genome sequence of mitochondria/chloroplast of a small number of species. Manuscripts covering sequence comparisons and analyses that include a large number of species will still be considered.
- Presents innovative research on eukaryotic and prokaryotic microorganisms as well as cell organelles
- Covers basic research and biotechnological applications
- No page charges, free color figures (print & online)
- Rapid handling of manuscripts
- Accepts submissions of all journal styles. No reformatting necessary upon submission
- Martin Kupiec
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Choice – What is this?
- Impact factor: 3.464 (2018)
- Five year impact factor: 3.708 (2018)
- Submission to first decision: 6 days
- Downloads: 163,743 (2018)