Instructions for Authors
Submission of a manuscript implies
- that the work described has not been published before
- that it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere
- that its publication has been approved by all coauthors, if any, as well as by the responsible authorities at the institute where the work has been carried out
- that, if and when the manuscript is accepted for publication, the authors agree to automatically transfer the copyright to the publisher; and
- that the manuscript will not be published elsewhere in any language without the consent of the copyright holder.
The Editorial Process
Manuscripts should be sent to the Editorial Office (firstname.lastname@example.org), these are acknowledged promptly following initial processing. Authors will be notified of the Editors' publishing decision once the refereeing process has been completed. Thirty reprints of published papers will be sent to the corresponding author free of charge. Additional reprints may be ordered from the Publisher.
Format of Manuscripts
- To speed up publication, and to ensure a unified layout throughout the journal and to enhance the reliability of data, we strongly encourage the use of LATeX and its article style-file (10 pt.). AMSTeX, AMSLATeX and even Plain-TeX are also accepted, but not encouraged. We request that neither overfull nor underfull boxes be contained in the text, that equations not exceed the indicated text width, and that hyphenations as well as the page breaks be carefully checked. Apart from the following base commands, please do not change any default settings (e.g. no vertical or horizontal offsets). Please adhere as closely as possible to the mentioned guidelines. If you need some definitions of your own, please enclose these (and only these) into your document.
- Manuscripts must include an abstract in English that summarizes the principle techniques and conclusions of the paper in relation to known results.
Keywords and Subject Classification
- Keywords and where appropriate AMS subject classifications must accompany each article.
- It is necessary to indicate an abbreviated title, which will be used as a running head (no more than 50 characters including spaces).
Figures and Tables
Figures should be sent as:
- part of the document within a «picture» environment
- EPS-files (encapsulated PostScript), with no reference to fonts which are not TeX, PostScript Base 35- or MathPifonts. Use the epsf.sty(.tex) to include these files into your document
- TIFF (uncompressed) files; or
- fair copy on paper, whenever possible scaled to about 200%.
The literature should be referred to by numbers in the text in square brackets. In the bibliography, the references should be listed in alphabetical order or in order of appearance at the end of the manuscript. It should contain full article titles, chapter titles of books as well as first and last pages of each article. Standard abbreviations of journal names should be used.
The cost of major changes made to the paper during the proof phase may be billed to the author.
Submission of Manuscripts
All manuscripts should be sent to
with the subject "new submission to Selecta"
English Language Editing
For editors and reviewers to accurately assess the work presented in your manuscript you need to ensure the English language is of sufficient quality to be understood. If you need help with writing in English you should consider:
- Getting a fast, free online grammar check.
- Asking a colleague who is proficient in English to review your manuscript for clarity.
- Visiting the English language tutorial which covers the common mistakes when writing in English.
- Using a professional language editing service where editors will improve the English to ensure that your meaning is clear and identify problems that require your review. Two such services are provided by our affiliates Nature Research Editing Service and American Journal Experts. Springer authors are entitled to a 10% discount on their first submission to either of these services, simply follow the links below.
Please note that the use of a language editing service is not a requirement for publication in this journal and does not imply or guarantee that the article will be selected for peer review or accepted.
If your manuscript is accepted it will be checked by our copyeditors for spelling and formal style before publication.
● 获取快速、免费的在线 语法检查。
● 使用专业语言编辑服务，编辑人员会对英语进行润色，以确保您的意思表达清晰，并识别需要您复核的问题。我们的附属机构 Nature Research Editing Service 和合作伙伴 American Journal Experts 即可提供此类服务。
・高速なオンライン 文法チェック を無料で受ける。
・プロの英文校正サービスを利用する。校正者が原稿の意味を明確にしたり、問題点を指摘し、英語の質を向上させます。Nature Research Editing Service とAmerican Journal Experts の2つは弊社と提携しているサービスです。Springer の著者は、いずれのサービスも初めて利用する際には10%の割引を受けることができます。以下のリンクを参照ください。
영어 원고의 경우, 에디터 및 리뷰어들이 귀하의 원고에 실린 결과물을 정확하게 평가할 수 있도록, 그들이 충분히 이해할 수 있을 만한 수준으로 작성되어야 합니다. 만약 영작문과 관련하여 도움을 받기를 원하신다면 다음의 사항들을 고려하여 주십시오:
• 귀하의 원고의 표현을 명확히 해줄 영어 원어민 동료를 찾아서 리뷰를 의뢰합니다.
• 영어 튜토리얼 페이지에 방문하여 영어로 글을 쓸 때 자주하는 실수들을 확인합니다.
• 리뷰에 대비하여, 원고의 의미를 명확하게 해주고 리뷰에서 요구하는 문제점들을 식별해서 영문 수준을 향상시켜주는 전문 영문 교정 서비스를 이용합니다. Nature Research Editing Service와 American Journal Experts에서 저희와 협약을 통해 서비스를 제공하고 있습니다. Springer 저자들이 본 교정 서비스를 첫 논문 투고를 위해 사용하시는 경우 10%의 할인이 적용되며, 아래의 링크를 통하여 확인이 가능합니다.
영문 교정 서비스는 게재를 위한 요구사항은 아니며, 해당 서비스의 이용이 피어 리뷰에 논문이 선택되거나 게재가 수락되는 것을 의미하거나 보장하지 않습니다.
원고가 수락될 경우, 출판 전 저희측 편집자에 의해 원고의 철자 및 문체를 검수하는 과정을 거치게 됩니다.
Copyright by Birkhäuser / Springer International Publishing