Instructions for Authors
Submission of a manuscript implies
- that the work described has not been published before
- that it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere
- that its publication has been approved by all coauthors, if any, as well as by the responsible authorities at the institute where the work has been carried out
- that, if and when the manuscript is accepted for publication, the authors agree to automatically transfer the copyright to the publisher; and
- that the manuscript will not be published elsewhere in any language without the consent of the copyright holder.
The Editorial Process
Manuscripts should be sent to the Editorial Office (email@example.com), these are acknowledged promptly following initial processing. Authors will be notified of the Editors' publishing decision once the refereeing process has been completed. Thirty reprints of published papers will be sent to the corresponding author free of charge. Additional reprints may be ordered from the Publisher.
Format of Manuscripts
- To speed up publication, and to ensure a unified layout throughout the journal and to enhance the reliability of data, we strongly encourage the use of LATeX and its article style-file (10 pt.). AMSTeX, AMSLATeX and even Plain-TeX are also accepted, but not encouraged. We request that neither overfull nor underfull boxes be contained in the text, that equations not exceed the indicated text width, and that hyphenations as well as the page breaks be carefully checked. Apart from the following base commands, please do not change any default settings (e.g. no vertical or horizontal offsets). Please adhere as closely as possible to the mentioned guidelines. If you need some definitions of your own, please enclose these (and only these) into your document.
- Manuscripts must include an abstract in English that summarizes the principle techniques and conclusions of the paper in relation to known results.
Keywords and Subject Classification
- Keywords and where appropriate AMS subject classifications must accompany each article.
- It is necessary to indicate an abbreviated title, which will be used as a running head (no more than 50 characters including spaces).
Figures and Tables
Figures should be sent as:
- part of the document within a «picture» environment
- EPS-files (encapsulated PostScript), with no reference to fonts which are not TeX, PostScript Base 35- or MathPifonts. Use the epsf.sty(.tex) to include these files into your document
- TIFF (uncompressed) files; or
- fair copy on paper, whenever possible scaled to about 200%.
The literature should be referred to by numbers in the text in square brackets. In the bibliography, the references should be listed in alphabetical order or in order of appearance at the end of the manuscript. It should contain full article titles, chapter titles of books as well as first and last pages of each article. Standard abbreviations of journal names should be used.
The cost of major changes made to the paper during the proof phase may be billed to the author.
Submission of Manuscripts
All manuscripts should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject 'new submission to Selecta'
How can you help improve your manuscript for publication?
Presenting your work in a well-structured manuscript and in well-written English gives it its best chance for editors and reviewers to understand it and evaluate it fairly. Many researchers find that getting some independent support helps them present their results in the best possible light. The experts at Springer Nature Author Services can help you with manuscript preparation—including English language editing, developmental comments, manuscript formatting, figure preparation, translation, and more.
You can also use our free Grammar Check tool for an evaluation of your work.
Please note that using these tools, or any other service, is not a requirement for publication, nor does it imply or guarantee that editors will accept the article, or even select it for peer review.
如果在结构精巧的稿件中用精心组织的英语展示您的作品，就能最大限度地让编辑和审稿人理解并公正评估您的作品。许多研究人员发现，获得一些独立支持有助于他们以尽可能美好的方式展示他们的成果。Springer Nature Author Services 的专家可帮助您准备稿件，具体包括润色英语表述、添加有见地的注释、为稿件排版、设计图表、翻译等。
内容が適切に組み立てられ、質の高い英語で書かれた論文を投稿すれば、編集者や査読者が論文を理解し、公正に評価するための最善の機会となります。多くの研究者は、個別のサポートを受けることで、研究結果を可能な限り最高の形で発表できると思っています。Springer Nature Author Servicesのエキスパートが、英文の編集、建設的な提言、論文の書式、図の調整、翻訳など、論文の作成をサポートいたします。
게재를 위해 원고를 개선하려면 어떻게 해야 할까요?
여러분의 작품을 체계적인 원고로 발표하는 것은 편집자와 심사자가 여러분의 연구를 이해하고 공정하게 평가할 수 있는 최선의 기회를 제공합니다. 많은 연구자들은 어느 정도 독립적인 지원을 받는 것이 가능한 한 최선의 방법으로 자신의 결과를 발표하는 데 도움이 된다고 합니다. Springer Nature Author Services 전문가들은 영어 편집, 발전적인 논평, 원고 서식 지정, 그림 준비, 번역 등과 같은 원고 준비를 도와드릴 수 있습니다.
또한 당사의 무료 문법 검사도구를 사용하여 여러분의 연구를 평가할 수 있습니다.
이러한 도구 또는 기타 서비스를 사용하는 것은 게재를 위한 필수 요구사항이 아니며, 편집자가 해당 논문을 수락하거나 피어 리뷰에 해당 논문을 선택한다는 것을 암시하거나 보장하지는 않습니다.
Copyright by Birkhäuser / Springer Nature Switzerland AG
For authorsSubmit manuscript
Working on a manuscript?
Avoid the most common mistakes and prepare your manuscript for journal editors.Learn more