CardioVascular and Interventional Radiology publishes double-blind, peer-reviewed original research work in the field of vascular and interventional radiology. Article types include clinical and laboratory investigations, scientific papers, technical notes, review articles, case reports, cutting edge articles and letters to the editor, as well as editorials and commentaries upon invitation only. This is a journal of the Cardiovascular and Interventional Radiological Society of Europe and the official organ of more than 20 national IR societies.
CIRSE members: CIRSE Members have unlimited online access to all CVIR articles. To access CVIR please log in with the following credentials on the myCIRSE page on www.cirse.org
Username: email address
Password: password you created for myCIRSE
Why publish with us
- We are the publication of the Cardiovascular and Interventional Radiological Society of Europe (CIRSE), and the official organ of more than 20 national IR societies.
- Our journal encompasses the fields of cardiovascular and interventional radiology, including interventional oncology and nonvascular interventions.
- We welcome peer-reviewed research into clinical investigations, laboratory research and brief communications, and also feature review articles, opinions, editorials, and specially invited submissions.
- We provide high levels of author satisfaction, with 96% of our published authors reporting that they would definitely or probably publish with us again.
- Klaus A. Hausegger
- Publishing model
- Hybrid (Transformative Journal). Learn about publishing Open Access with us
- 2.034 (2019)
- Impact factor
- 2.128 (2019)
- Five year impact factor
- 31 days
- Submission to first decision
- 95 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 333,317 (2019)
This is part of 1 collection:
Transosseous Temperature Monitoring of the Anterior Epidural Space during Thermal Ablation in the Thoracic Spine
Authors (first, second and last of 5)
Increased Needle Visibility in Ultrasound-Guided Percutaneous Liver Biopsy by an Echogenic Sheath: A Proof of Concept Study in a Human Cadaver
Authors (first, second and last of 8)
Potential Utility of Thromboelastography for Patients with Abnormal Coagulation Markers in Interventional Radiology: Report of 3 Cases and Review of Literature
Authors (first, second and last of 8)
As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic we are very aware that many researchers will have difficulty in meeting the timelines associated with our peer review process during normal times. Please do let us know if you need additional time. Our systems will continue to remind you of the original timelines but we intend to be highly flexible at this time.
Each year, CVIR Editors award the best performing articles in the previous year and the prestigious Editors’ Medal award to an outstanding publication from the year before. This year’s winners will be awarded at the very first CIRSE 2020 non-attendance conference in Munich, 12-15 September 2020.
Read the special section dedicated to oncology, put together by Prof. Thierry de Baère for the September 2019 issue. Articles cover many of the IO basics IRs need to know and organ-specific procedures.
Societies, partners and affiliations
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- Current Contents/Clinical Medicine
- EBSCO Biomedical Reference Collection
- EBSCO CINAHL
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- Google Scholar
- INIS Atomindex
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- Japanese Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest Agricultural & Environmental Science Database
- ProQuest Biological Science Database
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest Environmental Science
- ProQuest Health & Medical Collection
- ProQuest Health Research Premium Collection
- ProQuest Medical Database
- ProQuest Natural Science Collection
- ProQuest Nursing & Allied Health Database
- ProQuest Pharma Collection
- ProQuest SciTech Premium Collection
- ProQuest Toxicology Abstracts
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Science Citation Index Expanded (SciSearch)
- Semantic Scholar
- TD Net Discovery Service
- UGC-CARE List (India)