World Journal of Surgery is the official publication of the International Society of Surgery/Societe Internationale de Chirurgie (iss-sic.com). Under the editorship of Dr. Julie Ann Sosa, World Journal of Surgery provides an in-depth, international forum for the most authoritative information on major clinical problems in the fields of clinical and experimental surgery, surgical education, and socioeconomic aspects of surgical care. Contributions are reviewed and selected by a group of distinguished surgeons from across the world who make up the Editorial Board.
Why publish with us
- We are the official journal of the International Society of Surgery / Societe Internationale de Chirurgie.
- With our special focus on global surgery and gender issues in surgical care, we provide an in-depth, international forum for clinical and experimental surgery, surgical education, and socioeconomic aspects of surgical care research.
- New features include the 'We Asked the Experts' series, featuring succinct reviews of common clinical problems. Additionally, 'My First Paper' highlights the first published work of leading authors.
- We provide high levels of author satisfaction, with 100% of our published authors reporting that they would definitely or probably publish with us again.
- Julie A. Sosa
- Publishing model
- Hybrid (Transformative Journal). Learn about publishing Open Access with us
- 3.352 (2020)
- Impact factor
- 3.651 (2020)
- Five year impact factor
- 859,216 (2020)
Parental Views on the Non-Operative Management of Simple Appendicitis in Children: Results of a Cross-Sectional Survey
Authors (first, second and last of 7)
Performance of Focused Assessment with Sonography for Trauma Following Resuscitative Thoracotomy for Traumatic Cardiac Arrest
Authors (first, second and last of 8)
Identification of Risk Factors for Acute Kidney Injury from Intravenous Ketorolac in Geriatric Trauma Patients
Recent Guideline papers from World Journal of Surgery partner society ERAS - Enhanced Recovery After Surgery.
Clarivate released their 2020 Impact Factors in July 2021, and assigned a 2 year Impact Factor of 3.352 to World Journal of Surgery, our highest ever ranking and a 50% increase over the 2019 rating of 2.234.
World Journal of Surgery announces a new regular feature: ‘We Asked The Experts’. This article series will be composed of succinct reviews of specific interesting topics or questions in surgery/medicine. WJS will highlight common clinical dilemmas, innovations in the delivery of clinical care, controversial issues, or cutting-edge developments in education, quality, safety, policy, global surgery, or other nonclinical areas relevant to practicing surgeons.
We Asked The Experts articles require a presubmission inquiry and approval. Contact the Editorial Office with your proposed topic: email@example.com
We are embarking on a special series acknowledging the extraordinary accomplishments of surgeons who are women, in clinical practice, education, advocacy, and research.
Societies, partners and affiliations
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- BFI List
- CAB Abstracts
- Current Contents/Clinical Medicine
- EBSCO Academic Search
- EBSCO Biomedical Reference Collection
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- EBSCO STM Source
- Google Scholar
- INIS Atomindex
- Japanese Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition
- Norwegian Register for Scientific Journals and Series
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- Pathway Studio
- ProQuest Agricultural & Environmental Science Database
- ProQuest Biological Science Database
- ProQuest Biotechnology Research Abstracts
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest Engineering
- ProQuest Environmental Science
- ProQuest Health & Medical Collection
- ProQuest Health Research Premium Collection
- ProQuest Immunology Abstracts
- ProQuest Materials Science and Engineering Database
- ProQuest Medical Database
- ProQuest Natural Science Collection
- ProQuest Pharma Collection
- ProQuest SciTech Premium Collection
- ProQuest Technology Collection
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Science Citation Index
- Science Citation Index Expanded (SciSearch)
- Semantic Scholar
- TD Net Discovery Service
- UGC-CARE List (India)