World Journal of Surgery is the official publication of the International Society of Surgery/Societe Internationale de Chirurgie (iss-sic.com). Under the editorship of Dr. Julie Ann Sosa, World Journal of Surgery provides an in-depth, international forum for the most authoritative information on major clinical problems in the fields of clinical and experimental surgery, surgical education, and socioeconomic aspects of surgical care. Contributions are reviewed and selected by a group of distinguished surgeons from across the world who make up the Editorial Board.
Why publish with us
- We are the official journal of the International Society of Surgery / Societe Internationale de Chirurgie.
- With our special focus on global surgery and gender issues in surgical care, we provide an in-depth, international forum for clinical and experimental surgery, surgical education, and socioeconomic aspects of surgical care research.
- New features include the 'We Asked the Experts' series, featuring succinct reviews of common clinical problems. Additionally, 'My First Paper' highlights the first published work of leading authors.
- We provide high levels of author satisfaction, with 100% of our published authors reporting that they would definitely or probably publish with us again.
- Julie A. Sosa
- Publishing model
- Hybrid (Transformative Journal). Learn about publishing Open Access with us
- 2.234 (2019)
- Impact factor
- 2.754 (2019)
- Five year impact factor
- 859,216 (2020)
Investigating Factors at Play in Hepatopancreatobiliary Fellowship Selection: Beliefs versus Reality
Authors (first, second and last of 7)
Unravelling the Complexity Myth for Minimally Invasive Right Hepatectomy: Liver Parenchymal Features and their Correlation to Objective Outcomes in Major Anatomical Resections
Authors (first, second and last of 7)
Authors (first, second and last of 10)
Clinical Implications of Combined Lymphocyte and Neutrophil Count in Locally Advanced Rectal Cancer After Preoperative Chemoradiotherapy
World Journal of Surgery announces a new regular feature: ‘We Asked The Experts’. This article series will be composed of succinct reviews of specific interesting topics or questions in surgery/medicine. WJS will highlight common clinical dilemmas, innovations in the delivery of clinical care, controversial issues, or cutting-edge developments in education, quality, safety, policy, global surgery, or other nonclinical areas relevant to practicing surgeons.
We Asked The Experts articles require a presubmission inquiry and approval. Contact the Editorial Office with your proposed topic: firstname.lastname@example.org
COVID-19 and impact on peer review
As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic we are very aware that many researchers will have difficulty in meeting the timelines associated with our peer review process during normal times. Please do let us know if you need additional time. Our systems will continue to remind you of the original timelines but we intend to be highly flexible at this time.
We should also note that a significant surge in submissions has been seen at World Journal of Surgery since the start of the pandemic. This has been observed at many other peer-reviewed medical and surgical journals. Our editorial leadership and peer reviewers are working extremely hard to evaluate and respond thoughtfully to submissions. We will ask authors for their patience during this stressful time if the process extends longer than usual. We are doing our best!
Societies, partners and affiliations
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- CAB Abstracts
- Current Contents/Clinical Medicine
- EBSCO Academic Search
- EBSCO Biomedical Reference Collection
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- EBSCO STM Source
- Google Scholar
- INIS Atomindex
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- Japanese Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition
- Norwegian Register for Scientific Journals and Series
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- Pathway Studio
- ProQuest Agricultural & Environmental Science Database
- ProQuest Biological Science Database
- ProQuest Biotechnology Research Abstracts
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest Engineering
- ProQuest Environmental Science
- ProQuest Health & Medical Collection
- ProQuest Health Research Premium Collection
- ProQuest Immunology Abstracts
- ProQuest Materials Science and Engineering Database
- ProQuest Medical Database
- ProQuest Natural Science Collection
- ProQuest Pharma Collection
- ProQuest SciTech Premium Collection
- ProQuest Technology Collection
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Science Citation Index
- Science Citation Index Expanded (SciSearch)
- Semantic Scholar
- TD Net Discovery Service
- UGC-CARE List (India)