Aesthetic Plastic Surgery is a publication of the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery and the official journal of the European Association of Societies of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (EASAPS), Società Italiana di Chirurgia Plastica Ricostruttiva ed Estetica (SICPRE), Vereinigung der Deutschen Aesthetisch Plastischen Chirurgen (VDAPC), the Romanian Aesthetic Surgery Society (RASS), Asociación Española de Cirugía Estética Plástica (AECEP), La Sociedad Argentina de Cirugía Plástica, Estética y Reparadora (SACPER), the Rhinoplasty Society of Europe (RSE), the Iranian Society of Plastic and Aesthetic Surgeons (ISPAS), the Singapore Association of Plastic Surgeons (SAPS), the Australasian Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (ASAPS), the Egyptian Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons (ESPRS), the Sociedad Chilena de Cirugía Plástica, Reconstructiva y Estética (SCCP), and the Bulgarian Association of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery (BULAPRAS).
Aesthetic Plastic Surgery provides a forum for original articles advancing the art of aesthetic plastic surgery. Many describe surgical craftsmanship; others deal with complications in surgical procedures and methods by which to treat or avoid them. Coverage includes "second thoughts" on established techniques, which might be abandoned, modified, or improved. Also included are case histories; improvements in surgical instruments, pharmaceuticals, and operating room equipment; and discussions of problems such as the role of psychosocial factors in the doctor-patient and the patient-public interrelationships.
Aesthetic Plastic Surgery is covered in Current Contents/Clinical Medicine, SciSearch, Research Alert, Index Medicus-Medline, and Excerpta Medica/Embase.
Aesthetic Plastic Surgery is ranked #7 in the Google Scholar H-5 Index of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, with a 2016 H-5 Index of 26.
- A forum for discussion of clinical and other issues surrounding aesthetic plastic surgery
- Includes coverage of new, standard and outmoded techniques
- Discusses psychosocial factors in doctor-patient relationships
- Explores the role of aesthetic plastic surgery in reconstructive treatment of injury, disease and congenital defects
- 100% of authors who answered a survey reported that they would definitely publish or probably publish in the journal again
- Bahman Guyuron
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Choice – What is this?
- Impact factor: 1.399 (2018)
- Five year impact factor: 1.551 (2018)
- Submission to first decision: 22 days
- Downloads: 277,321 (2018)