Aesthetic Plastic Surgery is a publication of the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery and the official journal of the European Association of Societies of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (EASAPS), Società Italiana di Chirurgia Plastica Ricostruttiva ed Estetica (SICPRE), Vereinigung der Deutschen Aesthetisch Plastischen Chirurgen (VDAPC), the Romanian Aesthetic Surgery Society (RASS), Asociación Española de Cirugía Estética Plástica (AECEP), La Sociedad Argentina de Cirugía Plástica, Estética y Reparadora (SACPER), the Rhinoplasty Society of Europe (RSE), the Iranian Society of Plastic and Aesthetic Surgeons (ISPAS), the Singapore Association of Plastic Surgeons (SAPS), the Australasian Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (ASAPS), the Egyptian Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons (ESPRS), the Sociedad Chilena de Cirugía Plástica, Reconstructiva y Estética (SCCP), the Bulgarian Association of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery (BULAPRAS), the Sociedade Portuguesa de Cirurgia Plástica Reconstrutiva e Estética (SPCPRE), and the Asociación Nicaragüense de Cirugía Plástica (ANCP).
Aesthetic Plastic Surgery provides a forum for original articles advancing the art of aesthetic plastic surgery. Many describe surgical craftsmanship; others deal with complications in surgical procedures and methods by which to treat or avoid them. Coverage includes "second thoughts" on established techniques, which might be abandoned, modified, or improved. Also included are case histories; improvements in surgical instruments, pharmaceuticals, and operating room equipment; and discussions of problems such as the role of psychosocial factors in the doctor-patient and the patient-public interrelationships.
Aesthetic Plastic Surgery is covered in Current Contents/Clinical Medicine, SciSearch, Research Alert, Index Medicus-Medline, and Excerpta Medica/Embase.
Aesthetic Plastic Surgery is ranked #8 in the Google Scholar H-5 Index of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, with a 2019 H-5 Index of 26.
- A forum for discussion of clinical and other issues surrounding aesthetic plastic surgery
- Includes coverage of new, standard and outmoded techniques
- Discusses psychosocial factors in doctor-patient relationships
- Explores the role of aesthetic plastic surgery in reconstructive treatment of injury, disease and congenital defects
- 100% of authors who answered a survey reported that they would definitely publish or probably publish in the journal again
- Bahman Guyuron
- Publishing model
- Hybrid (Transformative Journal). Learn about publishing Open Access with us
- 1.798 (2019)
- Impact factor
- 1.792 (2019)
- Five year impact factor
- 18 days
- Submission to first decision
- 45 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 419,750 (2020)
A New Modified Labiaplasty Combined with Wedge De-Epithelialization on the Medial Side and Edge Resection
Authors (first, second and last of 7)
Authors (first, second and last of 4)
Use of an Autologous Diced Cartilage Graft and Fat Graft Combination to Improve Regeneration in Rhinoplasty
Commentary on: “Usefulness of Incisional Negative Pressure Wound Therapy for Decreasing Wound Complication Rates and Seroma Formation Following Prepectoral Breast Reconstruction”
Authors (first, second and last of 4)
A reminder regarding access to Aesthetic Plastic Surgery for the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.
As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic we are very aware that many researchers will have difficulty in meeting the timelines associated with our peer review process during normal times. Please do let us know if you need additional time. Our systems will continue to remind you of the original timelines but we intend to be highly flexible at this time.
Link to conflict of interest form for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.
Societies, partners and affiliations
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- Current Contents/Clinical Medicine
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- Google Scholar
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- Japanese Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest Health & Medical Collection
- ProQuest Health Research Premium Collection
- ProQuest Medical Database
- ProQuest Pharma Collection
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Science Citation Index Expanded (SciSearch)
- Semantic Scholar
- TD Net Discovery Service
- UGC-CARE List (India)