This journal is dedicated to publishing new developments in the field of basic research of heat and mass transfer phenomena, as well as related material properties and their measurements, thereby promoting applications to engineering problems.
Formerly titled "Wärme- und Stoffübertragung," the journal has been publishing under the title "Heat and Mass Transfer" since 1995.
- Covers the complete discipline of heat and mass transfer in relation to engineering thermodynamics and fluid mechanics.
- Publishes results from basic research as well as engineering applications such as heat exchangers, process and chemical engineering.
- Covers experimental techniques as well as analytical and computational approaches.
- According to a July 2019 survey, 92% of authors reported they would definitely publish or likely publish in the journal again.
- Andrea Luke
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Access options available
- 1.551 (2018)
- Impact factor
- 1.604 (2018)
- Five year impact factor
- 82 days
- Submission to first decision
- 15 days
- Acceptance to publication
- 201,486 (2018)