Founded in 1966, Experimental Brain Research publishes original contributions on many aspects of experimental research of the central and peripheral nervous system. The scope of the Journal encompasses aspects of physiology; behavior; neurochemistry; developmental, cellular, and molecular neurobiology; and experimental pathology relevant to general problems of cerebral function. The journal publishes original papers, reviews, mini-reviews, and letters to the editor.
Why publish with us
- We provide a clear and supportive publication process, offering expert guidance to Early Career Researchers, helping transform ideas into discoveries.
- Our expert editorial team offers precise review, with easy and fast publication ensuring the swift dissemination of new research, and provides high levels of author satisfaction, with 95% of our published authors reporting that they would definitely or probably publish in the journal again.
- Through Springer Compact agreements, authors from participating institutions can publish Open Choice at no cost to the authors.
- Winston Byblow,
- Bill J. Yates
- Publishing model
- Hybrid (Transformative Journal). Learn about publishing Open Access with us
- 1.972 (2020)
- Impact factor
- 2.166 (2020)
- Five year impact factor
- 36 days
- Submission to first decision
- 147 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 664,934 (2020)
Sensory defunctionalization induced by 8% topical capsaicin treatment in a model of ultraviolet-B-induced cutaneous hyperalgesia
Authors (first, second and last of 4)
Different generalization of fast and slow visuomotor adaptation across locomotion and pointing tasks
Brain activity in the prefrontal cortex during a cancellation task: effects of the target-to-distractor ratio
Authors (first, second and last of 6)
As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic we are very aware that many researchers will have difficulty in meeting the timelines associated with our peer review process during normal times. Please do let us know if you need additional time. Our systems will continue to remind you of the original timelines but we intend to be highly flexible at this time.
We want to invite you to contribute to EBR’s first Topical Collection “Motor Neurophysiology and Behaviour in Ageing”. Its purpose is to obtain a collection of studies that help to identify the neurophysiological factors that contribute to diminished motor performance in older adults. Studies utilizing techniques involving non-invasive brain stimulation, electroencephalography, and neuroimaging to assess motor cortical function combined with measures of motor performance or learning in older adults are of particular interest. Studies assessing age-related changes in the spinal control of movement as a mechanism for altered motor function in humans are also welcome.
The ultimate goal of this collection of studies is to help develop an improved understanding of the age-related changes in the motor system that contributes to diminished motor performance. This may help to identify predictors of motor impairment in healthy ageing, and lead to more targeted approaches to ameliorate the decline in motor function with advancing age.
If you are interested in contributing an Original Article or Review, please get in touch with the collection’s Guest Editor John Semmler (firstname.lastname@example.org). The deadline for submission is December 31, 2021.
A special note of thanks to our reviewers in the first half of 2020.
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- BFI List
- Biological Abstracts
- CAB Abstracts
- Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS)
- Current Contents/ Life Sciences
- EBSCO Academic Search
- EBSCO Biomedical Reference Collection
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- EBSCO STM Source
- ERIH PLUS
- Google Scholar
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- Japanese Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition
- Norwegian Register for Scientific Journals and Series
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- Pathway Studio
- ProQuest Biological Science Database
- ProQuest Calcium and Calcified Tissue Abstracts
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest Chemoreception Abstracts
- ProQuest Genetics Abstracts
- ProQuest Health & Medical Collection
- ProQuest Health Research Premium Collection
- ProQuest Medical Database
- ProQuest Natural Science Collection
- ProQuest Neurosciences Abstracts
- ProQuest Nucleic Acids Abstracts
- ProQuest Nursing & Allied Health Database
- ProQuest Pharma Collection
- ProQuest Psychology Database
- ProQuest SciTech Premium Collection
- ProQuest Social Science Collection
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Science Citation Index
- Science Citation Index Expanded (SciSearch)
- TD Net Discovery Service
- UGC-CARE List (India)