Economic Theory provides an outlet for research in all areas of economics based on rigorous theoretical reasoning and on topics in mathematics that are supported by the analysis of economic problems. Published articles contribute to the understanding and solution of substantive economic problems.
Among the topics addressed in the journal are classical and modern equilibrium theory, cooperative and non-cooperative game theory, macroeconomics, social choice and welfare, uncertainty and information, intertemporal economics (including dynamical systems), public economics, international and developmental economics, financial economics, money and banking, and industrial organization.
In addition to original research articles, Economic Theory publishes surveys for particular areas of research that clearly set forth the basic underlying concepts and ideas, the essential technical apparatuses, and the central open questions.
Officially cited as: Econ Theory
- Publishes articles based on rigorous theoretical reasoning and on topics in mathematics that are supported by the analysis of economic problems
- Contributes to the understanding and solution of substantive economic problems
- Publishes surveys for particular areas of research in addition to original research articles
- Nicholas C. Yannelis
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Access options available
- 0.961 (2018)
- Impact factor
- 1.322 (2018)
- Five year impact factor
- 56 days
- Submission to first decision
- 396 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 80,960 (2018)