An international multi-disciplinary journal which is a joint initiative between the International Osteoporosis Foundation and the National Osteoporosis Foundation of the USA, Osteoporosis International provides a forum for the communication and exchange of current ideas concerning the diagnosis, prevention, treatment and management of osteoporosis and other metabolic bone diseases.
It publishes: original papers - reporting progress and results in all areas of osteoporosis and its related fields; review articles - reflecting the present state of knowledge in special areas of summarizing limited themes in which discussion has led to clearly defined conclusions; educational articles - giving information on the progress of a topic of particular interest; case reports - of uncommon or interesting presentations of the condition.
While focusing on clinical research, the Journal will also accept submissions on more basic aspects of research, where they are considered by the editors to be relevant to the human disease spectrum.
Why publish with us
- We provide an interdisciplinary platform for the communication of original and high quality experimental or clinical papers on all aspects of osteoporosis and other metabolic bone diseases.
- We publish studies relating to the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, and management of osteoporosis, and the spectrum of disorders that deficiencies in bone density can produce.
- Supported by leading experts in the field, our committed editorial team leads a rigorous and robust peer review, averaging 44 days for a first decision for peer reviewed articles.
- We provide high levels of author satisfaction, with 91% of our published authors rating the journal Good or Excellent.
- John Kanis,
- Felicia Cosman
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Learn about publishing Open Access with us
- 3.864 (2019)
- Impact factor
- 3.917 (2019)
- Five year impact factor
- 38 days
- Submission to first decision
- 123 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 794,585 (2020)
Treatment patterns and long-term persistence with osteoporosis therapies in women with Medicare fee-for-service (FFS) coverage
Authors (first, second and last of 6)
Authors (first, second and last of 6)
Authors (first, second and last of 10)
The Editors and Associate Editors of Osteoporosis International would like to express their profound gratitude to the reviewers who have contributed their expertise in the peer review process throughout 2020. This process is crucial to the quality of our journal. We acknowledge here, with special thanks, our top 50 reviewers from 2020.
As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic we are very aware that many researchers will have difficulty in meeting the timelines associated with our peer review process during normal times. Please do let us know if you need additional time. Our systems will continue to remind you of the original timelines but we intend to be highly flexible at this time.
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- BFI List
- CAB Abstracts
- Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS)
- Current Contents/Clinical Medicine
- EBSCO Academic Search
- EBSCO Biomedical Reference Collection
- EBSCO CINAHL
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- EBSCO STM Source
- Google Scholar
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- Japanese Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition
- Norwegian Register for Scientific Journals and Series
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- Pathway Studio
- ProQuest Biological Science Database
- ProQuest Calcium and Calcified Tissue Abstracts
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest Health & Medical Collection
- ProQuest Health Research Premium Collection
- ProQuest Medical Database
- ProQuest Natural Science Collection
- ProQuest Nursing & Allied Health Database
- ProQuest Pharma Collection
- ProQuest Public Health Database
- ProQuest SciTech Premium Collection
- ProQuest Sports Medicine & Education Index
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Science Citation Index
- Science Citation Index Expanded (SciSearch)
- Semantic Scholar
- TD Net Discovery Service
- UGC-CARE List (India)